The power of storytelling in undeniable, and has not changed since humans began to communicate. However, the landscape in which to tell and to share stories certainly has.
Digital technologies have fundamentally changed the way people discover, engage, and share information about the causes they care about. Social media platforms and innovative digital tools are disrupting traditional fundraising, with the potential to bring donors more deeply inside the work of organizations.
In this session, author and global authority on nonprofit digital storytelling Julia Campbell will walk you through the modern day secrets to nonprofit storytelling success in the digital age, based on her bestselling book for nonprofits.
- How to employ Julia’s 3-part digital storytelling framework to turn donors from passive to passionate;
- How to create a system to collect and share the best stories about your work that will energize and inspire your donors;
- How to use stories to address myths and misconceptions about your work and to truly express your impact;
- Free and low-cost tools you can use to enhance your digital storytelling on a shoestring budget; and
- Real-world examples and case studies from small and mid-size nonprofits.
Participants will also get access to the Storytelling in the Digital Age Workbook, to begin collecting, crafting, and sharing stories for their organizations on digital channels.
Julia Campbell has run her digital marketing consulting business for almost a decade, focused exclusively on mission-driven organizations. A mom of 2 and a Returned Peace Corps Volunteer, she is the author of Storytelling in the Digital Age: A Guide for Nonprofits, a roadmap for nonprofits who want to build their movements with effective and engaging digital storytelling.
Based north of Boston, Julia is a global authority on digital fundraising and storytelling, with happy clients spanning the globe from Moscow to San Francisco. She has provided workshops and training to Meals on Wheels America, the Make-A-Wish Foundation, the Boys & Girls Clubs of America, and Facebook. Julia is a frequent contributor to Nonprofit Tech for Good, Social Media Today, Maximize Social Business, Elevation Web, Network for Good, Wild Apricot, and others.
Her passion is to get nonprofits of all sizes to stop spinning their wheels and start getting real results using digital tools. You can check out her thoughts and ideas on all things nonprofit digital fundraising and storytelling at www.jcsocialmarketing.com/blog