Darcy Brownell of the Viney Wallach Foundation and Christine Dixon from Someone Else's Child Foundation will be facilitating a discussion focused on strategic collaborations amongst funders. They will share their foundations' experience and perspectives on this topic and explore the following questions with the group:
- What does collaboration between foundations look like? What forms can collaborations take?
- Is your foundation engaged in, or considering, strategic collaborations with peer foundations? Why or why not?
- What buy in, if any, do we need from our Trustees to pursue collaborations?
- What are the upsides to collaborating? Potential challenges?
- In what ways could funder collaborations be supportive of more equitable grantmaking, strategies to reach new grantees, etc?
- Are there new approaches to collaboration you haven’t tried yet, but are considering? Or models from other communities to learn from?
We hope you will join this (Zoom) discussion and bring your ideas and suggestions. To participate you must hold the role of CEO, ED, or similar, at a Family Foundation or Private Independent Foundation and not be a family member. We ask that only those that fit the criteria register. The registration list will be reviewed regularly and those that do not fit the criteria will be removed. Please email Jessica Berns if you have any questions. For more details about the session, see email invitation or email Jessica.