Philanthropy MA offers a variety of services for Community Foundations including:
- Access to National and Regional Listservs
- a Legal Help Desk
- Community Foundation Roundtables
- Peer Benchmarking Dashboard
Access to Listservs encompassing regional colleagues (and beyond) – open to Philanthropy MA Member Community Foundations
- For CEOs of Community Foundations –
- New England Community Foundation CEO Listserv: This service allows community foundation CEOs to communicate easily via email with community foundation CEOs throughout New England, to pose questions, engage in conversations and more.
- National Community Foundation CEOs Listserv: This service allows community foundation CEOs to communicate easily via email with community foundation CEOs from across the country, to pose questions, engage in conversations and more. The service is being made available to our community foundation members as a benefit of your membership with Philanthropy Massachusetts and is operated by the United Philanthropy Forum, which is Philanthropy Massachusetts' national network. Subscribers to the New England Community Foundation CEO list will be linked automatically to the national community foundation CEO listserv.
- For New England Community Foundation Staff
- New England Community Foundation Staff Listserv: This service is open to all staff at Member Community Foundations. Foundation staff across New England can pose questions, engage in conversations, and more. This listserv is managed by Philanthropy MA.
- FIMS Users Listserv: This service is open to all staff members of Member Community Foundations who use FIMs management systems. Foundation staff across New England can pose questions, engage in conversations and problem solving, and more.
- To subcriber to any of the listservs above please email Jessica Berns.
- Please review Philanthropy MA’s Listserv Policy prior to using this resource
Community Foundation Legal Help Desk– open to Philanthropy MA Member Community Foundations
The Community Foundation Legal Help Desk is an online service where subscribers can submit their legal questions to an attorney with specialized knowledge and experience in laws that specifically affect the operations of a community foundation. The attorney will respond in writing or arrange for a phone conversation. The service is being offered by the United Philanthropy Forum in partnership with Indiana Philanthropy Alliance. To learn more, go to www.cflegalhelpdesk.org.
Community Foundation Roundtables – open to Philanthropy MA Member and Non-Member Community Foundations
Philanthropy MA continues to convene Community Foundation Roundtable Discussions. These are in-person gatherings where community foundation staff have the opportunity to engage in lively discussion as well as check in with colleagues and network. If your foundation is willing to host a future convening, please email Jessica Berns. Your responsibility as a host is simply offering meeting space – Philanthropy MA will do the rest!
Peer Benchmarking Dashboard for New England Community Foundations- open to Philanthropy MA Member and Non-Member Community Foundations
CF Insights asks a simple but important question – What if each community foundation could know what all community foundations collectively know? Approaching this question through the analysis and dissemination of financial and operational data shared by the field, CF Insights will provide a look into the status of community foundations in comparison to the nation as a whole on an annual basis. Their ability to provide this analysis is made possible by the data you share through the CF Insights database, so be sure to log on and share your data. If you have any questions about the data or need login assistance, please contact David Rosado, Member Services Manager for CF Insights.