Above the Clouds-Program Coordinator
Date: August 1, 2021
Salary and Benefits: Range $29,000-$40,000
Reports to: Above the Clouds Executive Director
Above the Clouds brings joy and hope through the wonder of flight to children and teens who have serious illness or disability, are underserved, or facing other serious adversity. ATC’s programs provide important relief for kids under tremendous stress and inspire disengaged youth to participate in making their dreams come true. The not-for-profit, 501,3 tax exempt organization accomplishes its mission through its four programs: Dream Flyers, Cadet Flyers, Discovery Flyers and Dream Flyover Programs.
A squadron of volunteer pilots and dedicated volunteers make it all possible. Above the Clouds currently flies out of Norwood Memorial Airport in Norwood, Massachusetts and is looking to expand its chapters nationwide. ATC Founders, Board and Executive Director will focus on expansion and further development of the Cadet & Discovery Flyers Programs; and, the impact data collected from our Dream Flyers program will provide a solid foundation for these programs to grow. This is an exciting opportunity for a program coordinator level professional to gain experience in building partnerships, programming development and fundraising.
The Program Coordinator will be responsible for the detailed coordination and implementation of ATC’s Dream Flyers, Dream Flyovers and will assist leadership with the Discovery and Cadet Flyers Programs.
- Program Coordination and Management: The Dream Flyers Program requires a squadron of Dream Pilots and Groundcrew Volunteers. The Program Coordinator will build partnerships with social service and human service agencies to identify Dream Flyers and coordinate their Dream Flight experiences, match them with a Dream Pilot and gather data through online questionnaires prior to Dream Flight Days. Recruiting and managing the responsibilities of 30+ volunteers for each Dream Flight. The Program Coordinator will implement up to six Dream Flyers Program dates each year. The Program Coordinator will also implement the Discovery Flyers Program (ATC’s mentoring initiative) overseeing the match between pilots and mentees and service delivery of the Discovery Flyers Program.
- Program Operations: Tracking and logging of expenses, management of social media updates and communications with volunteers and tracking volunteer engagement hours within our CRM are the day-to-day operations of this position. Meet with social service agencies and be the point person for communication. Collection of data pre and post Dream Flyers and Dream Flyover programs. The Program Coordinator will schedule Dream Flyovers with hospitals and social service agencies. The Dream Flyover program was implemented in 2020 when Dream flights were not possible, they are an opportunity for children and young adults with mobility issues and illnesses that prohibit them from leaving the hospital, school or day program. Flyover programs require the engagement of volunteers, planning and communications, developing a program budget and accounting for program related expenses. Coordinate releases, transportation and other logistics. Along with the Executive Director, identify opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and resource development for all programs.
- Social Media and Communications: Working with local law enforcement, local media and our helicopter pilots to manage all details for up to three Dream Flyover dates each year. Communicate with program contacts, guardians/caregivers/family members and pilots. Utilize social media to engage and recruit new volunteers and pilots. Lead a Call to Action for volunteers before events and track responses. Assist Executive Director with media and marketing opportunities for ATC.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or the equivalent with a passion for helping children and teens.
- Strong organizational abilities, including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
- Positive, outgoing person with a strong work ethic and energy.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and/or cloud-based program management software.
- Experience with Constant Contact and WordPress is a plus!
- Demonstrated work engaging, organizing and inspiring volunteers with mission-based organizations.
- Organization, ordering and inventory of supplies for Dream Flyers. Discovery Flyers, Flyovers and Cadet programs.
- Experience with QuickBooks or other accounting software.
- Ability to lead fast paced and exciting programs, managing volunteers, Board members, our VIP Flyers and their families.
- Interest in aviation is a plus!
- Flexible hours and remote work available.
- Must be a self-starter, open to new ideas and direct supervision (weekly meetings) with the Executive Director.
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before
December 1st, 2021. Or mail to: Above the Clouds, ATTN: Susan Tufts Kagan, 125 Access Road, Norwood, MA 02062.
This position has the option to participate in the BASE health insurance reimbursement plan and is located at Norwood Memorial airport in Norwood, Massachusetts.
Schedule is flexible. Some nights and weekends are required of this position.