Title: Accounts Payable Coordinator
Classification: Full-time or Part-time Non-Exempt
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
Under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer, the Accounts Payable Coordinator will perform, manage, and oversee the accounts payable for the organization. This will include monitoring and analyzing payable data and assist in producing financial reports or statements. You will be following, creating, and enforcing proper accounts payable methods, policies, and principles.
The Accounts Payable Coordinator is an important part of ECCF’s team and is essential in ECCF achieving its organizational goals.
Duties and Responsibilities - Payables:
• Review invoices for proper data for accurate processing
• Enter invoices from invoice images and process accounts payable.
• Maintain vendor and fund files, oversee expense and check requests
• Oversee all entries by back-office provider.
• Work with Field of Interest Fund advisors to ensure charitable purpose expenditure and reporting needs are met.
• Assist in verifying and posting gifts; depositing checks in bank account; verify transmittal and recognition in proper fund account.
• Safeguard compliance with financial/regulatory requirements that apply to 501(c) 3 community foundations.
• Point of contact for donor and fund holder inquiries
• Accurately prepare and review all gift acknowledgment letters and tax receipts
• Identify opportunities for personalization and reduction of turn-around time
• Maintain the accuracy and integrity of profiles in FIMS. This includes input of information, updates and identifying duplicate profiles
• Periodic audit of records
• Maintain confidentiality of Community Foundation affairs in communications, both written and oral.
• Other duties as required or assigned.
• Attend occasional at Foundation events outside work hours.
• Contribute to the development and improvement of systems to effectively track, process and capture data.
• Provide gift processing procedural recommendations, and for liaising with technical vendors to ensure consistent data entry capability.
• Participate in Foundation systems training, professional development, and colleague gatherings.
• Recommend, document, and follow internal processes and practices.
The following education requirements are considered essential:
• Associates Degree in accounting or finance or related work experience
• Data management experience or related activity with proven accuracy and efficiency
• Well-organized, strong attention to detail and an ability to prioritize
• Able to work independently as well as part of a team
• Able to handle multiple projects accurately with a high level of productivity
• Microsoft Office proficiency with emphasis in Word, Excel, Outlook and mail merges
• Experience using a vendor/donor database, preferably FIMS
• Able to work with and process information in an analytical fashion
• Ability to improve processes in a proactive manner
• Demonstrated ability to use good judgment and to handle confidential information with a level of sensitivity
• Knowledge of and experience in nonprofit accounting is preferred.
• Knowledge of foundations and/or community foundations is a plus.
• Understanding of GAAP accounting principles, financial record-keeping, and nonprofit tax filings.
• Strong commitment to the local community and demonstrated cultural competency.
The following physical and other requirements are considered essential:
• Ability to lift objects of at least 25 pounds in weight.
• Superior interpersonal skills with the ability to speak with diverse personalities, strong listening skills, negotiating and reasoning skills. Ability to effectively communicate within and outside the organization.
• Performance that achieves the high standards, integrity, and values of ECCF.
Effect on End Result:
• ECCF’s financials, letters, and reports are timely and accurate for management and board to use as operational tools.
• ECCF Fundholders have what they need for reporting to manage and thank donors to funds.
• All ECCF donors are recognized accurately and timely for their gifts to the Foundation.
Please send Cover letter and Resume to HR@eccf.org.
Essex County Community Foundation ("ECCF" or "the Foundation"), provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ethnicity, national origin, age, physical or mental ability, pregnancy, height, weight, veteran status, military obligations, or marital status, or any other category protected under applicable federal or state law.
In addition, Essex County Community Foundation complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training