Compensation: Up to $70,000
Schedule: Mon-Fri 8:30-4:30p. Weekends and nights as needed
Email Recruitinghr@aimhrsolutions.com to apply.
Who We Are:
Benjamin Franklin Cummings Institute of Technology (Franklin Cummings Tech/FC Tech) is a private, non-profit technical college located in Boston’s South End. Founded in 1908, the college is proud of its long tradition of educating students for skilled, high-demand technical careers in a variety of industries, including automotive, advanced manufacturing, computer technology, health care, and construction trades through a mixture of 1-year, 2-year, and 4-year programs. Benjamin Franklin Cummings Institute of Technology recently received the largest gift in its history: $12.5 million from the Cummings Foundation to continue to advance its leading-edge work in creating technical career pathways for students typically underrepresented in post-secondary education.
Position Summary: Under the supervision of the Chief Strategy Officer, the Assistant Director of Strategic Partnerships focus on building and managing relationships with priority industry, municipal, state, and community organizations with the goal of increasing FC Tech’s workforce development efforts. This role is a revenue producing position. The Strategic Partnership team manages a portfolio of external clients who pay Franklin Cummings Tech to provide training to non-traditional student population. This team also applies and manages a variety of Workforce Development grants. This individual will also support the Student Success Coach with his work on Strategic Partnership cohorts. The position is hybrid and falls under the College’s Alternative Work Policy with a combination of remote, in-person events, and on-campus work to be reviewed as least annually.
- In working with the Chief Strategy Officer, identify new workforce development partnerships and funding opportunities. Build multi-prawn strong relationships with potential partners.
- Represent the Strategic Partnership team in key meetings with industry and potential partners.
- Secure and attend meetings with new Community and Industry partnerships. Pull together meeting follow-up materials and proposals in a timely manner.
- In working with the Student Success Coach and Strategic Partnership Coordinator, manage the process for onboarding of new Strategic Partnership cohorts.
- Represent FC Tech and the Strategic Partnership team in key Workforce Development and Industry Committees and Groups.
- Attend Workforce Development events and webinars with goal to network with hiring partners and workforce development partnerships.
- In partnership with the Chief Strategy Officer, participate in informational and recruitment sessions for Strategic Partnership cohorts.
- Work with Director of Career Services to build up internship opportunities for FC Tech students in key programming.
- Work with department chairs, Student Success, and Chief Strategy Officer to host industry focused events to build awareness among hiring partners re: Strategic Partnerships priority programs.
- Work with Chief Strategy Officer in writing City and State grant proposals with a focus on Workforce Development training opportunities. Develop a list of industry, community and non-profit organizations to partner with on such grants. Upon receiving funding for such grants, help project manage the funding, grant deliverables and reporting required as part of the grant.
- Attend key virtual and in-person FC Tech hosted events.
- Play a key role in managing a “re-imagined” Industry Partnership Committee.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Listening and interpersonal skills.
- Supports diversity.
- Results driven.
- Must be discrete and keep student and partnership information highly confidential. Will be required to sign a BFCIT confidentiality agreement as well as an ATR confidentiality agreement.
- 4+ years of experience in a Project Management, Client Services, Workforce Development, or Business Development role.
- Strong client relationship skills.
- Experience in bringing in revenue to an organization.
- High aptitude with Excel and PowerPoint; knowledge of InDesign, and Adobe products.
- Knowledge of student information systems data bases or a similar CRM.
- Ability to provide troubleshooting support to students.
- Affinity for working in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Must be deadline focused and flexible – ability to handle multiple competing priorities and projects.
Education, Experience, & Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4+ years of professional experience in a Project Management, Client Services, Workforce Development, or Business Development role.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
BFIT is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee on any grounds protected under federal, state, or local law, including race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, pregnancy, disability (including those related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other characteristic or activity protected under federal, state or local law.