Empower Success Corps (ESC) is hiring! Join the team at ESC, a nonprofit organization whose mission is to help other nonprofits succeed. Do you care about social justice, climate change, and mentoring the next generation? Join the team at ESC, a nonprofit organization whose mission is to help other nonprofits succeed. Our consulting program matches nonprofits with highly experienced, volunteer consultants to help organizations operate more effectively and better meet the needs of their communities.
The Associate Director of Consulting will manage the ESC Catalyst Program (see description of Catalyst below) and assist the Director of Consulting in developing capacity building projects for nonprofits. ESC seeks an Associate Director who is highly organized, entrepreneurial, and energetic with a proven ability to work with a diverse array of experienced professionals and create effective teams that work well with each other and our nonprofit clients. S/he/they will be passionate about helping nonprofits through developing client engagements implemented by our 125 executive-level volunteer consultants. The Associate Director reports to the Director of Consulting.
This is a full-time position. Some evenings or weekends may be required when training is held outside normal business hours.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Associate Director of Consulting will support business development efforts to develop, scope, staff, and sign projects for ESC services with nonprofit and public agency clients and manage the new Catalyst Program. S/he/they will also assist with the recruitment, training, and deployment of ESC’s cadre of high impact volunteers on management consulting and executive coaching assignments. The successful candidate will work about 50% on business development and 50% on Catalyst until the Catalyst program is launched. Over time, this ratio will change to about 75% business development and 25% managing the Catalyst program. This is a new position, and the successful candidate will have the opportunity to maximize his/her potential.
Assist Director of Consulting in developing relationships with potential clients, defining projects, and staffing projects from our pool of volunteer consultants. This may include:
- Attend initial business development calls or meetings with potential clients. Document and calendar next steps.
- Use Salesforce effectively to search on consultants’ experience, skills, and competencies.
- Help staff projects from ESC consulting pool, including searching Salesforce, contacting consultants, and interviewing consultants.
Assist Director of Consulting in recruiting new consultants, including:
- Interview potential consultants.
- Follow up with offers to join ESC.
- Track in Salesforce.
- Assist with onboarding training.
Work with Director of Consulting and Director of Communications on outreach to generate both new project leads and consultants, including:
- Personal outreach to industry and nonprofit networks, including consulting firm alumni networks
- Create practices that result in a diversified consultant workforce
ESC Catalyst, a Consulting Fellowship for Professionals of Color, is a leadership training program targeting mid-career Latinx and Black professionals. The pilot cohort will include 10-15 participants who will take part in a 10-part fellowship training program, and a follow-on ESC consulting engagement with veteran ESC consultants as mentors and coaches.
ESC is seeking an Associate Director to manage this program, including:
- Use personal and professional networks to publicize Catalyst opportunity for candidates. These may include Conexion, The Partnership, Endowment for Health Equity Leaders Fellowship, ALPHA, and Catalyst program advisors.
- Create process to recruit and vet potential program candidates.
- Work with ESC staff trainers and consultants to design and develop training, create curriculum, and design evaluation for Catalyst program based on ESC’s consulting onboarding curriculum.
- Lead the training program including being responsible for the following:
- Training strategy and deliverables
- Coordinating training dates and logistics for the training program
- Enrolling participants
- Working with Program & Talent coordinator on all communications with participants
- Hosting/ facilitating training sessions
- Identifying other resources needed to roll out training
- Work with Director of Consulting to assign Catalyst participants to ESC consulting projects.
- Design evaluation and metrics for the Catalyst pilot program
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience in managing a program start-up.
- Business development or sales experience, preferably in a consulting organization.
- Proficiency in project management (project management certification a plus but not required).
- Superb relationship builder; establishes credibility and trust quickly.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation communication skills.
- Extraordinarily well organized with demonstrated ability to handle multiple work streams, set priorities and work under pressure.
- Experience with training in a virtual world.
- Exposure or direct experience with capacity building services for nonprofits.
- Experience with Salesforce (preferred) or another CRM.
Salary and Benefits
Salary range is $60,000 to $70,000 depending on experience. ESC offers an excellent package of employee benefits. Currently these include health insurance (75 percent company-paid), dental Insurance (100 percent company-paid), 403(b) plans, and generous time off policies.
ESC is an equal opportunity employer. Empower Success Corps values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages people of color, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply.
Please apply by sending a cover letter and resume to Resumes@empowersuccesscorps.org. No calls please. Applications will not be reviewed unless they include a cover letter addressing the candidate’s qualifications for this position specifically.