Title: Associate Director of Corporate & Foundation Relations
Location: Roxbury, MA
Reports to: Managing Director of Development - Corporate, Foundation, & Community Giving
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Horizons for Homeless Children (Horizons) is a local non-profit dedicated to improving the lives of young homeless children in Massachusetts and helping their families succeed by providing high-quality early education, opportunities for play, and comprehensive family support services.
What you’ll do
As the Associate Director of Corporate & Foundation Relations, you’ll be a member of a highly skilled and productive team of fundraising professionals working together to improve the lives of homeless children and their families. You’ll be responsible for identifying and forging relationships with new corporations and foundations. You’ll nurture corporate relationships and coordinate corporate volunteering activity and aid in the implementation of strategy for the achievement of Horizons’ corporate and foundation fundraising goals. You’ll be most successful if you’re able to compassionately communicate, both verbally and in writing, about the issue of homeless children and families, Horizons’ programs, and the need for funding. We should also mention that there’s potential for growth into the Director’s role.
More details about your responsibilities:
- Work closely with Managing Director of Development to develop and implement overall C&F strategy, goals, and operating plans.
- Assist with the development of work plans to implement strategy and achieve Horizons’ C&F fundraising goals.
- Identify, cultivate, and steward corporate and foundation donors.
- Research, identify and pursue well-aligned grant opportunities.
- Write and submit letters of intent (LOIs), proposals, applications, and reports.
- Pursue corporate event sponsorships and assist with events as appropriate.
- Prepare and manage reports and correspondence for corporate and foundation donors.
- Coordinate corporate volunteer activities.
- Track corporate and foundation activities.
- Work with program and marketing staff to ensure the communication of accurate and appropriate information.
- Assist in developing a more strategic reporting capability.
What you’ll bring
- At least 5 years of demonstrated success in working with corporations and foundations.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- The energy and positive outlook that can take a regular request to a compelling one
- Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and sometimes quick turnarounds.
- Knowledge of state and national foundation/corporate communities.
- Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge database and reporting a plus.
- Familiarity with city, state and federal government proposal submissions a plus.
- Commitment to Horizons mission and ability to embody our core values (Collaborative, Inclusive, Innovative, and Passionate).