At Youth Guidance, we believe that no matter what challenges a young person faces, they are more likely to succeed when they have caring adults in their lives. Our highly-trained staff guides kids to overcome the life and academic challenges facing youth. We meet kids where they are — physically and emotionally — to help them focus on their education, make positive choices, and remain on the right path toward life success.
Founded in 1924, and still relevant today, Youth Guidance is a leading provider of outcomes-driven programs serving more than 11,000 youth and touching the lives of more than 14,000 youth, parents, teachers, and community members.
We are looking for a BAM Supervisor to be responsible for providing direct supervision, feedback, and support to 5 –7 BAM counselors.
When you join our team, you will:
- Oversee staffing, planning, development, coordination, implementation, and evaluation of all program activities and the desired outcomes
- Recommend hiring of new BAM Counselors, employee transfers, promotions, disciplinary actions, terminations overall performance management
- Manage performance management process by evaluating and developing BAM Counselors to ensure the effective implementation of BAM curriculum and professional growth of
- Collaborate with BAM Counselors and BAM Boston Executive Director to recruit and build relationships with youth and school administration, manage annual program budget,
- Maintain focus on the achievement of key program outcomes and ensures all programs are on track for desired metrics, including goals for student performance, retention, and satisfaction
- Administer the program by assessing needs, making assignments, and managing programs at multiple sites where the program operates
- Be accountable for meeting specific deliverables for all contracts related to identified program areas
- Be responsible for the quality and quantity of work to ensure contract deliverables
- Be the primary lead for ongoing communication with school personnel, social service agencies, community groups, and public officials regarding program goals and objectives
Our BAM Supervisor has been equipped for this impactful work in education and training with at least:
- Bachelor’s Degree in social work, human services, or a related field from an accredited college or university; Master’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of five years of work experience in the education, human service, youth development, or social service field required
- Minimum of one-year supervisory experience required; two years preferred
- Youth Engagement experience preferred
- Demonstrated experience in program management from start-up to close-out
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, )
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team required
- Proven ability to be a self-starter, energetic, innovative, and motivated required Ability to commit to working in at-risk-environments with ability to handle emergencies and take on unforeseen tasks required
- Demonstration of strong interpersonal and communication skills that excel in cultural sensitivity, respect for differences, and effectively motivate others required
- Demonstrated experience in employee supervision and HR administration required
- Ability to lead in a changing and ambiguous environment required
- Ability to understand and commit to the continuous improvement of service quality and the organization’s mission required
- Ability to maintain positive relationships with various stakeholders required
What you will love about us:
- Opportunity to make a positive impact in the lives of the youth we serve
- On-going professional development and access to our Learning Management System (LMS)
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life Insurance
- Health and wellness programs including an Employee Assistance Program
- Medical expense reimbursement programs
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Ability to spend extended time on a computer in a workstation.
*The duties performed are primarily in an office and school setting, vaccination is required.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” relationship.
Youth Guidance is an equal opportunity employer and proudly values diversity. Youth Guidance does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law and is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity along all of these lines. People of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.