You're an experienced leader with an ability to think big and drive rapid and sustained growth. You are a skilled instructor who has the ability to lead and develop other instructors. You have worked on collaborative projects, overseen diverse teams, and are known as a hands-on leader. You're an entrepreneurial individual who is willing to test creative ideas that ladder up to a larger vision. You're passionate about recovery from substance use disorder and believe in the power of community. You've seen the challenges that stigma creates and want to help us fight them. If this sounds like you, keep reading.
The Phoenix is looking to scale our national impact and has a goal of reaching over one million people by 2025. As our Boston Program Coordinator, you'll contribute to this growth in Massachusetts. You will oversee launch of new programming operations and expand our reach in underserved communities.
The primary responsibility of the Program Coordinator is to lead and drive Phoenix volunteer-led programming in Boston and the surrounding community. This role will deploy Phoenix's program activation strategy, which includes leading programming, recruiting and establishing volunteer instructors, ensuring quality programming, and engaging in community relations. Excellent social skills and the ability to connect with partner organizations, donors, participants, and the general public are essential. The ideal candidate will have leadership experience and ability to instruct in one or more athletic disciplines such as CrossFit, yoga, hiking, cycling, social events, mountain biking, running, boxing, or rock climbing.
This position will focus on programming and engagement capabilities and will require an innovative approach to partnerships. The ideal candidate can leverage technologies to manage volunteer relationships, improve the productivity of volunteers, and make informed decisions as needed. Social media and marketing skills are a plus. If you are excited about working in a dynamic, creative, and fast-paced environment where you are expected to continually pursue personal and professional growth, we want to talk to you!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- With support from the regional and national staff, work to build a robust sober active community in Boston and surrounding communities
- Build a strong volunteer program, including recruiting, training, supporting and retaining a solid base of volunteers who will lead the majority of Phoenix classes
- Build partnerships with organizations and groups to improve access to recovery support for those living in the Boston area
- Oversee and complete general daily administrative needs and tasks, including scheduling programs, events, and outreach activities
- Manage and oversee the online presence of programs through both social media and The Phoenix website in accordance with organizational guidelines
- Lead or facilitate programs and ensure that all program spaces are trauma-informed (fun, emotionally and physically safe, inclusive and accessible), reflect The Phoenix's core values and community standards, and adhere to program and discipline-specific standards
- With guidance from the Regional Director and the national development team, participate in fundraising efforts, including private donations, grants, peer-to-peer fundraising, corporate sponsorships, and capital campaigns
- Utilize various technology and social media platforms
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Work evening and weekend hours as needed
- Passion for recovery from substance use disorder
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to relate to people from all walks of life
- Experience coaching, instructing, or leading in one or more of the above-named disciplines
- Community relation skills and willingness to initiate introductions with potential partners
- Entrepreneurial spirit, humility, and integrity
- Organizational, communication and time management skills, as well as professionalism and ability to quickly adapt to change
- Ability to use standard office equipment and computer software, including word processing, spreadsheet applications, and email
- Knowledge and consistent demonstration of excellent customer service skills
- Lived experience as a peer in recovery
- Connections to recovery-centered organizations in Boston
- First Aid Certification (e.g. WFR, WFA, CPR) preferred
- Certifications in relevant athletic disciplines (e.g., CF-L1, L-2, or L-3; NASM, NSCA, ACSM, or ACE Personal Trainer; AMGA-CWI, SPI, or Rock Guide; IMBA-L1; YT-200, etc.)
- Experience facilitating music-themed events
The Phoenix's mission is to build a sober active community that fuels resilience and harnesses the transformational power of connection so that together we rise, recover, and live. We take a new approach to recovery by fostering healing through fitness and personal connection. We offer activities for everyone from weightlifting and boxing to running, hiking, and yoga. All to help people grow stronger together, overcome the stigma of addiction, and rise to their full potential. Since 2006, the Phoenix has helped over 43,000 people across America rise above addiction and harness the power of self-transformation. By participating in our physical, social and education programs, participants build confidence, self-respect, and community. The Phoenix currently operates in 43 communities across 22 states in addition to offering virtual fitness classes, available anywhere. Activities offered include group fitness, climbing, hiking, boxing, running, yoga, socials, road & mountain biking, and strength training. Through traditional fundraising strategies and revenue ventures, Phoenix is able to provide free programs for anyone with 48 hours of sobriety.
At Phoenix, we welcome people from all backgrounds, and strive to create a healing-centered environment that allows everyone to bring their authentic selves to the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.