WATCH seeks a Campaign & Communications Coordinator to assist in marketing our work and researching organizing campaigns for expanding affordable housing in Waltham.
Affordable Housing Campaign Development (17 hours/week)
- Research and develop local community organizing policy proposals, which will result in increased access to safe and affordable housing.
- Prepare easy to understand materials about community organizing proposals along with background showing the need for the proposal and success with similar projects in other MA communities.
- Attend conferences, network, and make connections for WATCH in affordable housing development arena.
- Work with Community Organizer to develop materials for tenant action group on organizing campaign options.
Communications (20 hours/week)
- Develop and edit materials that publicize WATCH events and activities such as flyers, banners and posters.
- Organize, write articles, edit, and create draft layout for bi-annual 16 page newsletter.
- Create electronic newsletter of 3-5 articles 2-3 times a month using Constant Contact.
- Manage WATCH’s website using WordPress and online resource guide with daily updates in English and Spanish.
- Manage WATCH's social media (Facebook, Twitter) with original content posted daily.
Administrative: (3 hours/week) Participate in staff meetings, prepare program updates, assist with organization-wide events.
Qualified applicants will have:
- Interest and experience in campaigns on affordable housing Background knowledge of the affordable housing development process
- Understanding of the principles of community organizing & some related experience in the field Experience in designing materials for social media, and managing web content
- Excellent writing skills
- Competency with using websites, social media and e-news for expanding and connecting with membership
- Experience with Wordpress platform and conversationally fluent Spanish speaker and writer a plus.
Salary/Benefits: This is a full time position with benefits:
- Paid vacation starting at 3 weeks a year
- Individual health & dental insurance paid at 80% or reimbursed
- Paid sick time
- Employer contribution to 403b of at least 3% of salary per year
- 12 paid holidays) and flexible scheduling
- The starting salary for this position is $48,000/year.
About WATCH: WATCH is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to work towards a more just community in the Waltham area by promoting affordable housing, providing adult education and leadership development, and empowering underrepresented residents through civic engagement. More information on our website at watchcdc.org
Non-Discrimination Policy: It is the policy and commitment of WATCH CDC that it does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, color, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identification or religion.
To apply: Please send resume and cover letter which outlines qualifications to Daria Gere at firstname.lastname@example.org with "JOB APPLICATION- CCC" in subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
WATCH CDC 24 Crescent Street, Suite 201, Waltham, MA 02453