Cathedral High School (CHS) is a Catholic, urban, and coeducational college preparatory school committed to excellence and social justice. Within an environment that encourages our scholars to reach their full potential, Cathedral students are expected to make lasting and powerful impacts in their local, national and global communities. Our mission, since our establishment in 1926, is to deliver a rigorous and holistic education that is available for all families, regardless of ability to pay. Rooted in Gospel values that include compassion, respect and service, we embrace the rich diversity of our community and foster a culture of inclusion, opportunity, acceptance and empowerment.
Cathedral seeks a dynamic Campaign Manager to help manage the school through its largest and most comprehensive campaign in the school’s 96-year history. This campaign will be amongst the largest of Catholic High school fundraising campaigns in the country. Reporting directly to the school President and collaborating with the Advancement team, fundraising consultants and the Board’s Campaign Committee, this position will manage all campaign efforts in support of endowing Cathedral into perpetuity for generations of students to come. While the campaign is expected to last two years, this full-time position is anticipated to be long-term beyond the life of the campaign.
Primary Strategic Responsibilities Include:
- Establish and continuously iterate campaign strategies and priorities that maximize results
- Design and implement excellent stewardship practices that recognize the impact of our donors while differentiating Cathedral High School as well as the Adopt-A-Student Foundation (AASF) that is funding the campaign
- Engage the Board’s Campaign Committee and Campaign Co-Chairs to effectively and efficiently leverage their connections in the community
- Discover creative approaches to expand the school’s donor base through outreach, connections, marketing and other means
- Create clear and effective reporting of campaign progress for the President, Campaign Committee and the CHS and AASF Boards
Primary Tactical Responsibilities Include:
- Analyze new and existing donors and prospects, maintaining the data related to prospect management, preparing prospect profiles, and making informed recommendations about the fundraising process. This ranges from suggestions for individual solicitation strategy to contributing to discussions about rating and screening, campaign analysis and prospect management
- Maintain a portfolio of prospects that could develop into campaign contributors
- Develop and execute thoughtful strategies with colleagues, Board members, and alumni for the cultivation, engagement, solicitation, and stewardship of campaign prospects, including thoughtfully curated naming opportunities
- Utilize Raiser’s Edge by developing and maintaining lists and reports that can be used by staff to track the progress of prospect qualification.
- Organize and attend events in support of the school’s fundraising and campaign efforts.
- Manage the work of the campaign committee, including maintaining campaign progress reports.
- Collaborate with colleagues in developing creative campaign materials
- Handle all arrangements for donor cultivation meetings and campaign events, so everyone feels energized and well cared-for
- Other duties as assigned by the President
- Proven ability in directing a large multi-faceted and fast-paced fundraising campaign, or similar philanthropic initiative
- Strong track record in leading teams and facilitating campaign committee engagement and results
- Engaging interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership and influence skills
- Demonstrated outstanding verbal and written communication
- Outstanding organization skills
- Experience in using donor or prospect management software
- Extraordinary attention to detail and superior follow-through
- Send a thoughtful cover letter and résumé to email@example.com.
- Please include your desired salary range in the cover letter.
- Please enter in the subject line of the email “Campaign Manager.”
- Please no phone inquiries.