Pillar Search & HR Consulting is pleased to partner with JVS Boston on the search for the new Chief Information Officer.
Location: Boston, MA
Organization Overview: For 80 years, Jewish Vocational Service (JVS) has helped tens of thousands of individuals with barriers to economic success secure financial independence through training, education and employment services. As the largest provider of adult education and workforce development services in the region, JVS is a nationally recognized leader in workforce development, and is a key part of the poverty alleviation strategy for the greater-Boston area. In order to reach people in need of assistance on their pathway to meaningful employment and financial independence, JVS targets most of its services to low-income individuals who are unemployed or underemployed and to low-wage workers in need of career advancement services. Many have multiple support needs ranging from limited English proficiency and lack of education to disabilities, criminal records, lack of childcare and transportation. JVS operates on annual budget of more than $15 million, of which is derived equally from public and private sources.
After completing a $6 million Capital Campaign and moving to a new Center for Economic Opportunity in 2015, JVS took on the first-in-the-nation Pay for Success project in workforce development. In the coming years, JVS will continue to expand its impact, offer the high-quality programs that have shaped its reputation, as well as build innovative new initiatives to move into the next phase of its growth.
Position Overview: To support its ongoing growth in program development and infrastructure investments, JVS is seeking a highly strategic, forward-thinking, and experienced Chief Information Officer (CIO). Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer (COO) and the President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the CIO will be a member of the executive team. JVS’ strategic plan is focused on growth, including investments in infrastructure. The CIO will be responsible for updating agency hardware, transitioning the agency to a new central software, and defining and centralizing technology spending.
- The CIO will establish the mission and vision of JVS’ technology organization to foster a value-added, user-focused mindset.
- Implement technology, process, and engagement steps in order to optimize staff productivity, support consistent cross-program delivery, and foster an information-driven culture.
- Implement a single, accessible, fully integrated business operations platform that will power the informed, end-to end, prospect to alumni journey of clients across JVS service segments.
- Identify IT or technology commonalities across business lines and standardize methods while being mindful of the need for flexibility. These include, but are not limited to, case management, programs, and fundraising.
- Develop and maintain an appropriate IT organizational structure to ensure appropriate support of the organization’s needs, define and communicate plans, policies and standards for system implementation; ensure continuous delivery of IT services.
- Assume leadership role in the development and implementation of the JVS disaster recovery and business continuity plans.
- Ability to recognize and define problems, invent and implement technology solutions, track and evaluate results against goals, and communicate metrics to senior leadership.
- Manage the annual technology budget.
- Manage all IT vendors
- Expert knowledge of information systems principles and best practices.
- Ability to innovate, develop new strategies, and drive a best-in-class technology organization.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Deep experience developing and implementing organization-wide information management strategies to support the achievement of strategic business imperatives.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically while executing tactically; strong project management and execution skills.
- Demonstrated ability to become the subject matter expert and trusted technology advisor to senior stakeholders.
- Exceptional relationship building and interpersonal skills.
- Strong staff management skills, with the ability to foster inclusiveness, a sense of team accountability, and high performance.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex vendor/customer relationships.
- Flexible and adaptive work style, with the ability to uphold a high degree of personal accountability, as well as exercise solid judgment and proactively address problems as they arise.
- Understanding and past experience with workforce development issues preferred, willingness to learn essential.
- Ability to translate complex technical issues into language and concepts that key stakeholders can use to make fully informed decisions.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, mission-driven, and collegial culture, as well as model enthusiasm for an organizational shift to be more goal-oriented, forward-thinking, and innovative.
JVS is strongly committed to diversity and a workplace environment that respects, appreciates and values employee differences and similarities. By providing and supporting a work culture that fosters and builds upon diversity and its strengths, JVS will better serve our local communities and continue to provide quality services.
JVS is an employment at-will organization and an equal opportunity employer committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, JVS prohibits retaliation against an applicant or employee because he or she has engaged in protected activity under the statutes prohibiting discrimination in the workplace.
JVS has partnered with Pillar Search & HR Consulting on the CIO search. Please submit your cover letter and resume to Cindy Joyce at email@example.com.