Compass is an innovative, mission-driven organization that supports families with low incomes to save for their future and access greater economic opportunity. We believe in our clients and in their ability to achieve their goals and dreams. We operate high-quality financial coaching and savings programs, and pursue opportunities to shape the national approach to poverty through practice and policy change. Compass is also an emerging leader in a national effort to leverage housing assistance as a platform for economic mobility. We are looking for people who want to be part of taking our programs and our impact to the next level.
For more information, please visit us on our website, www.compassworkingcapital.org
About the Job
We are looking for a reliable and highly organized team player to provide administrative and operational support to our financial coaches. The Coach Support Specialist supports the financial coaching staff with a broad range of duties, including preparing for and scheduling client appointments, completing data entry, and providing administrative support. The Coach Support Specialist will play a key role in ensuring smooth and efficient operations within the organization and will support the delivery of high-quality services to Compass clients.
All Compass staff embody our values
Believe in People: At Compass, we have a fundamental belief in all clients and their ability to achieve their goals and dreams. Our unique approach to coaching fosters a culture of aspiration, dignity, and hope.
Pursue Excellence: We hold ourselves to the highest professional and ethical standards in every aspect of our work, and we strive to always do better.
Go Further Together: Our team builds trust, respects each other, and acts with care and empathy. We believe in harnessing our strengths to find joy in what we do and in doing this work as a team, and to bring out the best in each other.
- Support financial coaches in scheduling client appointments, completing appointment reminders, and rescheduling when needed.
- Communicate follow-ups to clients, such as sending out surveys or mailing letters or credit reports.
- Assist in set-up for Compass orientations and workshops, such as booking rooms and ordering food and supplies.
- Prepare, print and mail outreach collateral and enrollment packets for clients.
- Maintain basic knowledge about the elements of the organization’s core FSS and financial coaching programs.
- Record client information and progress data precisely, accurately, and on time, with a rigorous dedication to confidentiality and data security protocols.
Qualifications and Skills
- Commitment to Compass’ mission and passion for working with families with low incomes.
- The ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Cultural humility. Openness to and respect for others’ cultures, identities, and lived experiences.
- Strong client service skills.
- Precision, attention to detail, and commitment to deadlines.
- Willingness to pitch in on any and all tasks related to supporting the programs.
- Proficient typing skills.
- Technical proficiency in Gmail, Microsoft Office, and/or Salesforce.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds.
- Proficiency in Spanish, Haitian Creole, or Amharic.
- Previous administrative experience.
This job description is not intended to provide a comprehensive listing of all duties or responsibilities. Job duties and responsibilities may change at any time based on coaching methods and program partners.
With your application, please submit your resume and cover letter in PDF format.
Healthcare: medical, dental, vision
Retirement plan 401(k) & match
Life insurance & disability Insurance
Paid time off
Paid parental leave
Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
Professional development & certification
Pre-tax commuter benefits
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Discounted shopping and entertainment
Voluntary pet insurance and more
This position is based in Boston, MA. Required hours could include a combination of workday, evening, and weekend hours to accommodate the needs of our clients. Occasional travel to other Compass offices (Lynn, MA) and other communities may be required.
Compass is an equal opportunity employer and committed to hiring individuals who reflect the diversity of the communities it serves.