GreenLight Fund has been growing at a rapid pace and is looking to expand our national marketing and communications team to respond to current and future organization needs. The Communications Associate will report to the Director of Marketing and Communications (Director) and provide communications support to each of our sites - 10 sites and growing - and collaborate on network-wide communications in order to strengthen awareness and grow GreenLight’s brand nationally and locally in each of our cities.
This position is a great opportunity for a hands-on, collaborative communications professional interested in applying their experience to a growing organization. The ideal candidate will have strong writing and organizational skills, be creative, have experience applying an equity lens across communications and comfortable juggling multiple tasks and responsibilities.
Site Support (60% of role)
Support site teams in effectively utilizing communication vehicles, including Mailchimp, Twitter, blog and website pages, to engage with stakeholders and grow local awareness. Develop, train on and update platforms, tools and templates.
- Conduct training sessions with new site staff on Mailchimp and Website platforms and provide overview of tools and resources available.
- Support sites’ email communications using Mailchimp including help with graphics and images, building templates, list management, troubleshooting mobile issues and editing content.
- Support sites in leveraging communication vehicles. Work with teams to maintain their website site-specific pages, share social media tips and content ideas, provide graphics and image support in presentations and handouts.
- Maintain and enhance our repository of communications templates, best practices, example communications and other tools to support sites as they build their local brand.
National Communications (25% of role)
Manage national social media platforms (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook) and coordinate with sites to grow presence and following. Collaborate with Director on national strategic communications initiatives.
- Grow GreenLight’s presence and following on social media to advance goals while maintaining consistent, national brand voice. Regularly post on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter. Maintain national social media calendar, create content and share site-related content.
- Utilize website, Mailchimp and social media analytics tools to learn what is effective and apply that learning to improve reach and engagement with stakeholders.
- Participate on cross-functional team to design and develop a new website in 2022.
- Maintain national website content.
- Collaborate with Director on national communications initiatives such as development of annual Portfolio Report, messaging and identifying conferences, podcasts and other opportunities for thought leadership.
Content Development, Re-purpose and Editing (15% of role)
Collaborate with Director, site and national teams on content development using multiple vehicles and formats including blog posts, video and collateral. Plan and intentionally re-purpose content.
- Develop and maintain an editorial/content calendar to plan and track sharing of content and maximize use of developed content.
- Collaborate with Director and site teams to develop blog posts, collateral and other content.
- Maintain repository of images for external use.
- Create and execute plans to re-purpose content.
- Collaborate to create and re-purpose video content for use in social media. Partner with external consultants to create video for virtual events and other opportunities.
The ideal candidate for this role has hands-on communications experience, is energized by a fast-paced growing organization, enjoys working on all aspects of communications and thrives in supporting teams in achieving their goals. This person will have strong writing skills, be creative, have a strong attention to detail and demonstrate a commitment and passion for equity.
While no one candidate will possess every quality outlined for this position, the successful candidate will bring many of the following professional qualifications, experience and personal attributes and a demonstrated ability to learn new skills quickly:
- Deep commitment to equity and inclusion and ability to apply that lens in communications work.
- Willingness to quickly learn and be flexible in a fast-paced, evolving work environment adjusting to the needs and timelines of our site teams.
- Ability to work independently as well as be part of a team.
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Organized with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to manage a series of tasks towards a defined goal.
- Comfortable with changing priorities and taking initiative.
- Strong writing skills.
- Experience writing with a storytelling style.
- Experience with social media platforms beyond personal use.
- Creative with an ability to apply ideas that elevate materials and achieve goals.
- Experience developing compelling visuals.
- Proficiency with tools (e.g. Powerpoint, Canva, Photoshop) along with an eye towards design and layout.
- Experience using graphic design and video editing tools (e.g. Adobe Suite - Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Premier Rush).
- Knowledge of email and website platforms (Mailchimp or similar and Wordpress or similar).
Preference for position to be based in Boston. Open to candidates being based in one of GreenLight Fund’s other cities: Atlanta, Baltimore, Charlotte, Cincinnati, Detroit, Kansas City, Newark, Philadelphia, San Francisco Bay Area or Twin Cities, MN.
Salary and Benefits
The salary range for this position is $50,000 - $55,000 if the candidate is based in Boston. If elsewhere, salary will be adjusted for local cost of living based on GreenLight’s benchmarking review.
GreenLight offers a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401k match, and generous PTO and parental leave, as well as short- and long-term disability, life insurance, FSA, EAP, remote work assistance, and professional development stipend.
Please submit a resume and cover letter via our website at greenlightfund.org/about/careers. Your cover letter should be focused on your personal story and how it fits with GreenLight’s mission, what you’re excited to take on from this job description, and what would be new / what you look forward to learning. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis with a preferred start date in early 2022. (earliest start date Jan. 10)
GreenLight Fund is committed to fostering diversity, equity and inclusion at every level of the organization. GreenLight Fund recognizes and appreciates the value of building a diverse workforce and creating an inclusive work environment. GreenLight Fund takes pride in being an equal opportunity employer regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental ability, race, region, sexual orientation or veteran status.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com