Knowing its importance to the success of our work, Budget Buddies is committed to diversity and inclusion, and we aspire to build a diverse staff team and community, including groups that are traditionally underrepresented among our sector leadership.
Budget Buddies is seeking to add a full time, Communications Manager to our growing team. The Communications Manager will lead and manage our communications plan, social media presence, website content, and brand continuity.
- We are a financial education and empowerment program for low-income women
- Our program combines instructional workshops with one-to-one volunteer coaching
- We have been in operation since 2009
- We are a rapidly growing organization, serving the Merrimack Valley, Southern New Hampshire, and Boston
- You are a self starter and strong writer who understands the diverse writing styles needed for different platform success
- You understand the power of online communication and know how to grow and engage a wide audience
- You have strong data visualization skills and experience creating marketing materials
- You have proven experience writing and editing website and social media content, online presentations, and communications for stakeholders and community members
- You are able to make strong presentations in google slides
- You are passionate about the mission of financially empowering low-income women and girls and advocating for them
- You speak Spanish, preferred but not required
About the Opportunity:
An exciting new role in our organization, the Communications Manager will be an essential team member as we focus on growth strategy initiatives, thought leadership, and impact evaluation.
Core responsibilities include:
- Develop a comprehensive communication plan for multi-platforms
- Develop internal and external communication materials to share client stories and impact, including eNewsletters, blog, annual reports and impact reports
- Reach out to clients post-graduation to follow-up on progress and impact of programs
- Develop a stronger advocacy role for Budget Buddies on behalf of clients, including research, messaging, publications, and mobilization
- Maintain and improve website content
- Plan and implement fundraising events
- Create decks and presentations that utilize data visualization effectively
- Update and steward our brand and visual story that illustrates the diversity, thought leadership, and community involvement of our mission
- Support grants and donor outreach with compelling and relevant impact stories
- Ensure strong engagement across all social media platforms
- Manage part-time Business and Operations Specialist and Grant Writer
Compensation: $47,000-$50,000, commensurate with experience
In lieu of group health insurance we offer a monthly health care stipend. Other benefits include a flexible work schedule, paid time off, including all Federal holidays, and an IRA employee match.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com