Reports to: Director of External Relations & Development
Status: 40 Full Time Hours Per Week
WHO WE ARE
Founded in 1981, Wellspring House Inc. is a leading non-profit organization with programs extending throughout the 20 cities and towns of Massachusetts’ North Shore region. Our mission is to inspire families and adults to achieve employment and financial stability through stable housing, education, job training and career readiness.
WHAT WE SEEK
Wellspring House is searching for an experienced communications professional to work across various departments to identify communications needs and create communications materials (digital and print) to help engage with audiences, including: prospective and past program participants, staff, board of trustees, and donors and volunteers. The Communications Manager will be responsible for creating a variety of communications materials that meet the needs of these various departments. Excellent writing and basic design skills will be necessary, along with fresh ideas about how to reach various audiences.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with the rest of the development team to identify organization-wide communications needs and strategy in a communications plan and content calendar.
- Work with Wellspring departments to identify communications goals and needs, and create shared timelines for communications projects.
- Identify compelling stories and tell them in creative ways across channels and audiences, including messaging, presentations, videos, articles, and events.
- Working with Development Team, identify main audiences and new audiences, determine the best way to communicate publicity information to them, and develop and implement a communication plan to build deeper relationships with them.
- Create communications materials to meet department needs, including web page content and edits, e-newsletters, email campaigns, social media posts, flyers/posters, annual reports, presentations, etc.
- Edit content created by others to ensure clarity and consistency with the organization’s brand.
- Analyze reports to determine the effectiveness and success of the communications and marketing initiatives.
- Work with outside vendors (designers, photographers, webmaster, videographers, etc.) on more complex projects.
- Build the capacity of staff across departments by sharing templates and training staff on how to make basic edits.
- As a part of the Development team, assist with occasional additional projects as necessary.QUALIFICATIONS
At least 2-4 years of relevant experience or experience in a role with transferable skills. The ideal candidate for this role has hands-on communications experience, is committed to increasing awareness of Wellspring, enjoys working on various aspects of communications, and thrives in supporting teams in achieving their goals. This person will have strong writing skills, be creative, have a strong attention to detail and demonstrate a commitment and passion for Wellspring’s work.
SKILLS, ABILITIES, COMPETENCIES
While no candidate will possess every quality outlined for this position, the successful candidate will bring many of the following professional qualifications, experience and personal attributes and a demonstrated ability to learn new skills quickly:
- A solutions-focused team player with 2+ years of experience in communications (preferably in nonprofit communications).
- Experience creating and executing marketing and communications plans.
- Strong writing with impeccable grammar and good basic design skills. Ability to take complicated information and distill it into easy-to-read format preferred.
- Experience with a variety of communications software and applications is preferred, along with willingness and ability to learn on the job. Experience with Constant Contact, Adobe, basic photo and video editing, social media campaigns, and other communications tools a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with various different teams in a productive way is a must, along with the ability to juggle multiple competing demands and get things done.
- Interest in issues of social justice and equity, and for Wellspring’s mission, goals, and programs. Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and an understanding of how to integrate this commitment into communications materials. Desire to create good in the world.
LOCATION & SCHEDULE
This is a full-time, 40/hour per week role based in Gloucester, MA with work from home flexibility. Wellspring is reachable by public transportation. Flexibility for some weekend and evening work is required for events.
The salary range for this position is $50,000-$55,000. This is a full-time position with a salary commensurate with experience and skills. This position is eligible for health insurance benefits, retirement plan, paid vacation and holidays, and other benefits.
Wellspring is currently accepting applications until the position is filled.
Please send your resume and cover letter via email to: email@example.com. In the subject line, write your name and the position title. We will review all submissions, identify candidates, and contact ONLY those individuals selected to continue in the search process. No phone calls please.
Wellspring is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to creating an inclusive organization. We actively seek a diverse pool of candidates for this position.