Position Title: Communications Manager
Reports to: Director of Development
The Communications Manager will be responsible for managing communications within Development to support the Ministry’s growth by providing support to internal stakeholders and being a point of contact for external vendors and media outlets.
- Ensure that any content or printed material seen by the general public has messaging and branding that are consistent with the Lazarus House Mission across all channels of communications.
- Work with all areas of the Ministry to collect and communicate statistics to donors and the community.
- Create, distribute, and update the Communications Policies and Procedures Guidelines and ensure that content/material seen by the general public is in alignment throughout the Ministry.
- Review and improve website traffic by reporting on metrics/analytics and providing support in making updates, implementing new functionality, creating new web pages, and ensuring consistent messaging and branding.
- Function as the point of contact for all media inquiries and media events for the Ministry.
- Identify new potential media relationships and cultivate partnerships with local media outlets (e.g., newspapers, magazines, news stations, etc.).
- Create an annual press release schedule, write press releases, and submit press releases to media outlets.
- Ensure that social media accounts are consistent with messaging and branding by providing recommendations as needed related to social media post content and design.
- Review social media metrics and provide insight and recommendations on how to improve statistics and sustain audiences.
- Create and distribute marketing materials such as brochures, newsletters, videos, etc.
- Create email communications for the Ministry through Constant Contact and provide recommendations on how to maintain high read rates and engagement.
- Write and edit the content as requested for any literature, press release or publications that applies to the ministry (e.g., newsletters, annual report, annual appeals, general brochure, development appeals, etc.)
- Assist with the creation and design of signage throughout the Ministry and audit signage to ensure alignment with branding and messaging.
- Ensure that our contacts are updated and accurate for the distribution of communication materials.
- Identify resources that will help ensure growth and targeted marketing (e.g., purchased email lists).
- Provide support in designing and purchasing promotional products as needed.
- Design and facilitate truck wrapping as needed.
- Provide pricing, targeted demographics, and recommendations on how/when to use advertising methods (e.g., youtube, billboards, printed ads, social media advertising etc.).
- Be the point of contact for translation services and provide guidance on what to translate and when.
- Oversee and manage the communications team members.
- Plan and coordinate special anniversary events.
- Other duties as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 3+ years of experience working in a communications/marketing role.
- Proficient using Adobe Suite (Layout, Video Editing, Photo Manipulation).
- Prior experience managing websites.
- Prior experience using Constant Contact.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Prior experience working as part of a communications team.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and delegate them as necessary.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Be able to travel from building to building within the ministry and external agencies.
- Experience working with diverse demographics of individuals.
- Interact effectively with staff, guests, volunteers, benefactors, and the general public.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.
- Familiarity with WordPress preferred.
- Drone flyer’s license/certification preferred.
- BA/BS in Communications, Marketing, or a related field is preferred.