Background on UTEC, INC:
UTEC’s promise is to ignite and nurture the ambition of our most disengaged youth to trade violence and poverty for social and economic success. UTEC’s outcomes-focused model begins with intensive street outreach, reaching proven high-risk youth “where they’re at.” UTEC engages youth in workforce development and educational programs and provides intensive case management. Social justice and civic engagement are embedded in all programming.
Serving young adults throughout Merrimack Valley (Lowell, Lawrence and Haverhill), UTEC was founded in 1999 as a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping young adults (ages 17-25) overcome the very real challenges of poverty, gang involvement, unemployment, etc. UTEC reaches 500+ youth annually through an evidence-based model aimed at reducing recidivism while increasing education and employment attainment. For more info, please visit www.utecinc.org.
In collaboration with the CEO and the Chief Development Officer, the Communications Manager will be responsible for the development and implementation of a comprehensive communications program on UTEC’s Development Team. This program will lead the development of messaging and communications for various audiences including community partners, alumni, donors, supporters, and social media. Overall, this position will play a critical role in ensuring that UTEC’s overall organizational and development goals continue to be achieved.
Communications Program Management
- Manage, develop, and implement communications programs that effectively describe and promote UTEC’s products and services, and the organization as a whole
- Manage the production of a full range of communications products and publications, from draft creation through the final product, to support the goals of the organization
- Partner and collaborate with Social Enterprise programming and policy work regarding communications needs
- Coordinate and manage the development and production of communications materials, which may include: press releases, proposals, presentation materials, information brochures, internal and external correspondence, reports, speeches, policies, procedures, solicitation, and marketing materials
- Ensure that all Development communications are aligned with the UTEC Strategic Plan and branding campaigns
- Use traditional print, online, social media, and rapidly evolving digital technologies to develop a multi-channel development communications program
- Support the needs of front-line fundraisers in designing, writing, and producing fundraising and stewardship collateral materials such as proposals, cases for support and donor impact reports
- Write and create communications that align with development goals, collaborating and communicating regularly with all UTEC staff
- Balance and prioritize multiple requests to produce a wide variety of written materials on behalf of the Development Team
- Review, proofread, and approve all development communications to ensure a high quality standard for all content and messaging
- Develop the communications and outreach strategy for UTEC’s engagement with businesses, corporate donors, and other entities to raise philanthropic funds for UTEC’s programs
Vendor Management & Public Relations
- Oversee and coordinate the work of creative staff and communications vendors
- Support the coordination of public relations, in collaboration with communications vendors, to ensure the organization’s reputation is upheld
- Demonstrated experience managing and/or supporting the communications strategy for a nonprofit organization or program
- Excellent writing abilities, including experience writing copy tailored to various audiences, for both print and digital
- Must possess excellent attention to detail, have the ability to self-direct and be comfortable working with various computer software programs
- Ability to organize time and work in an effective manner, and to prioritize and manage numerous deadlines and tasks
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the demonstrated ability to develop and maintain productive relationships at all levels of the organization, and allowing for successful interaction with external clients
- Work independently and very proactively with minimal direction/supervision
- Comfortable working within an inclusive environment
Education and Experience
- 3+ years of experience in nonprofit communications, digital communications, or a related field
- A demonstrated commitment to UTEC’s mission, as well as a passion for the community and young adults that UTEC serves
Salary range is $65,000-$75,000, commensurate with experience. Benefits include retirement 401K plan, health and dental (50-85% subsidized), 3 weeks paid vacation, holiday, and paid sick/personal time. Benefits include retirement 401K plan, health and dental (50-85% subsidized), 3 weeks paid vacation, holiday and paid sick/personal time, opportunity for a paid sabbatical after 3 years, first-time homebuyers funding, and free counseling for all staff. Please see www.utecinc.org/jobs for more details.
Please apply directly through our application page: https://utecinc.applytojob.com/apply/ytu36gi2Ck/Communications-Manager?s...