East End House is a community center that uses a holistic approach to promote the well-being, academic achievement, and successful transition to adulthood of children and youth from under-resourced families in Cambridge and surrounding communities.
East End House, a 147-year-old multi-service social service agency and community center, is looking for a passionate, human service-oriented individual for its Community Programs Associate position. The Community Programs Associate will assist in the development and implementation of a range of community programs and services that complement the core programs of East End House. This is a full-time, 40-hour a week position with benefits, under the immediate supervision of the Community Programs Director.
The purpose of this position is to support the Director of Community Programs and aid in the development of the Community Programs department. In this role, the individual will coordinate with volunteers, interact with consumers, and work with families to achieve the goals of the department.
The Director of Community Programs will serve as the immediate supervisor to the Community Programs Associate. The Community Programs Associate will work with current interns, summer fellows, etc. on a regular basis.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Community Program Associate will be primarily focused on the following categories.
- Managing current, and creating new, community partnerships
- Developing and supervising volunteer opportunities
- Reengaging various East End House initiatives
- Supporting operations of Community Programs and its various initiatives
On a weekly basis, this position will be responsible for:
- Supervising the food pantry
- Filing all relevant client paperwork/intake forms
- Attending required staff meetings/training
- Coordinating and developing volunteer opportunities
- Scheduling one-time volunteer events
- Organizing volunteer training
- Scheduling and planning senior activities/workshops/classes, such as:
- Creating programming for bi-weekly meetings for local seniors to address their social isolation, health and wellness, and other concerns related to aging.
- Lead the Senior Sunrise Club through planned activities, including a monthly planning and voting process and monthly outings.
- Coordinate exercise classes once per week for the senior’s group as part of the Young at Heart program.
- Other duties, as assigned
The ideal candidate should meet the following:
- Skilled and passionate about the East End House mission and Theory of Change.
- Excellent problem-solver who can flexibly balance multiple tasks and responsibilities with superb organizational skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or 3-5 years of relevant experience required.
- Skilled technology user, with database management experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal & team-building skills.
- Handles stress and manages conflicts well.
- Excellent organizational, management, and interpersonal skills, as well as strong written and verbal communication skills and team building skills.
- Must be able to utilize planning time effectively.
- Must be a positive ambassador for East End House in the community.
- Must attend all required staff meetings and trainings.
- Must adhere to the East End House policies and procedures.
- East End House offers generous benefits in addition to competitive pay. Full time employees (working between 30-40 hours/week) are eligible for health and dental insurance, a retirement account with matching contributions, life and disability insurance, professional development allowance, vacation and sick paid time off, subsidized childcare, and more.
Cambridge residents are strongly encouraged to apply. Lived experience and understanding of diverse communities are highly valued in a candidate and we encourage you to apply even if you don't fit all the listed requirements. East End House is an equal opportunity employer. We are strongly committed to building an inclusive and anti-racist community.
East End House believes that equal opportunity for all employees is important for the continued success of our organization. In accordance with state and federal law, we will not discriminate against an employee or applicant for employment because of race, disability, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, marital status or non-job-related factors in hiring, promoting, demoting, training, benefits, transfers, layoffs, terminations, recommendations, rates of pay or other forms of compensation. Opportunity is provided to all employees based on qualifications and job requirements.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email:
Ryan Montbleau at email@example.com or by calling East End House at 617-876-4444.