Full Time Professional – 40% Remote
Springfield, MA, US
Requisition ID: 2540
Salary Range: $50,000.00 To 60,000.00 Annually
The Community Relations Manager will have direct oversight of the development and communication strategies of Open Pantry Community Services,
Inc (OPCS). The Community Relations Manager will support OPCS’ programs by seeking and obtaining grants, and through the successful execution
of events and appeals at the community level. The position is also responsible for volunteer recruitment and support. The Community Relations
Manager will be responsible for the development and cultivation of community relationships, including individuals, the corporate/business
community, local foundations, faith and civic groups, and other community supporters, as well as the execution of OPCS’s branding and social
• Develop and maintain successful corporate, foundation and individual solicitation program to meet annual fundraising goals.
• Develop materials and resources to market specific programs and OPCS in general in the community and to potential donors.
• Manage activities related to donor cultivation and donor relations necessary to achieve fundraising goals, including methods for donor recognition, tracking gifts, and donor
• Ensure the quality and timely submission of all grant applications, reports and data
• Manage, coordinate and track fundraising events
• Oversee and track quarterly mailed fundraising appeals
• Maintain Salesforce donor database, including donation, event, appeal, and grant tracking and reporting.
• Analyze the progress of the fundraising plan and provide regular updates to the SMOC Director of Resource Development and OPCS Division Director.
• Spearhead volunteer recruitment, tracking and support in collaboration with OPCS program directors.
• Represent Open Pantry Community Services to the Greater Springfield Area with special focus on community engagement and fundraising
• Manage OPCS social media sites and OPCS’s website with an eye to increase virtual following.
• Develop strong relationships and communicate effectively with the media
• Ensure that the programs are operated in compliance within all federal, state and local funding requirements, as well as agency policies and procedures
• Collaborate effectively with SMOC Resource Development staff and OPCS staff
• Other Duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, plus 3 years of relevant experience
• Compassion and commitment to the mission and goals of OPCS
• Proven track record of raising money in a non-profit environment, including through direct mail campaigns, donor relations, event management, and corporate/foundation
• Excellent communication and customer service skills, writing and editing skills, and attention to detail
• Strong planning and organizational skills
• Salesforce database skills a plus, or ability to learn quickly
• Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
• Valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and ability to meet insurance standards
• Willing to travel occasionally to partner or agency locations throughout greater Springfield area.
• Directly reports to SMOC Director of Resource Development
• Dotted line report to OPCS Division Director
• Direct reports of this position are none.
• The position is based in a three-story building with no elevator. Must be able to go up and down stairs.
• The position requires prolonged periods of sitting.
Based out of three story building in downtown Springfield. Must be able to go up and down stairs. As part of the responsibilities of this position, the Community Relations Manager will have direct or incidental contact with clients served by SMOC/OPCS in various programs funded or administered through the Executive Office of Health and Human Services.