ABOUT UNITED WAY:
We are the Uniters. We bring people together to solve problems. We identify the most pressing issues in our community and we bring together the people we think can solve them. United Way funds agencies that, working together, can address the nuances of complex problems like homelessness or the academic achievement gap. We create programs and initiatives to fill unmet needs. We deploy volunteers and socially responsible companies as the engines of change and the feet on the street, delivering hope to people in need. We raise funding through generous donors who understand that social change can't happen without it.
This position supports the Corporate Fundraising team through preparation of reports and correspondence for internal and external purposes. Also, this person provides database maintenance, telephone support, meeting coordination, pledge processing, managing electronic communication to staff, donors and volunteers. This position also provides support to various organizational initiatives, some general department functions and other projects as assigned.
1. Database Management:
- Serve as point-person to support Corporate Relations' team's use of database management system (Andar).
- Become and stay knowledgeable by participating in trainings, utilize help guides and videos to gain deeper knowledge, field questions and coordinate with IT to get answers, as appropriate. Prepare reports maximizing information in Andar.
- Prepare and review reports for workplace fundraising campaigns (including, but not limited to, 3-year history reports, individual donor reports and personalized pledge packets).
- Using United Way databases compile, sort, and format data for reports, cross check reports for discrepancies, upload information to database for events or opportunities.
- Update and maintain records in data management system related to corporate workplace campaigns, committee volunteer assignments, and donor and new business prospect lists.
- Make corrections to existing records, collect information from donors and volunteers, monitor various Data Quality reports to keep information up to date for donor records.
- Provide event support to regional events (annual Thrive Event, annual Summer Experiences in Greater Lowell event, annual Oyster Harbors Golf Event)
- Run reports to create warehouses, distribution lists, invitation lists; create registration page. Create articles for Marketing materials related to events. Send e-communications related to event. Run attendance reports when requested. Change status of attendees for received RSVPS.
- Provide administrative support to Corporate Relations staff as needed. Assist with volunteer and donor communications and various projects as may be assigned.
- Create and prepare various forms of correspondence (letters, memos, large mailings, emails, etc.). Maintain filing systems and manage periodic back-ups of the public drives used by development staff. Manage special handling of donor groups and follow up communications.
3. Customer Service
- Respond to donor and volunteer inquiries while conveying a professional manner along with a willingness to help. Provide reliable, accurate, and timely responses to questions from internal and external customers
- Receive and respond directly to requests and questions from donors, volunteers, other development staff and others as needed. Research and verify information to assure accuracy and reliability of the data. In rare exceptions, when unable to address donor or volunteer needs, forward inquiries and requests to appropriate staff person.
- Manage unsubscribe requests- monitor unsubscribe report and update Andar records for contact rules.
4. Development Support- Process workplace campaign pledges.
- Receive and submit pledges to finance using correct forms and methods. Inform Corporate Relations staff and RMs of pledges received.
- Bachelor's Degree and minimum 1-2 years administrative development support experience in either the private or non-profit sector.
- High proficiency in a Microsoft Office environment required, specifically Excel. Experience with data management systems strongly preferred.
- Strong organizational skills with demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and priorities. Ability to work independently and in teams a must.
- Exceptionally detail oriented.
- Commitment to accountability and execution.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Adept in data management and analytics.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong internal partnerships across the entire organization and the ability to influence others.
- Ability to think creatively and solve problems.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt quickly to changing environment.
- Strong sense of humor and positive outlook.
- Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and to the mission of United Way.
United Way of Massachusetts Bay and Merrimack Valley is committed to hiring individuals who reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.