About United Way:
We are the Uniters. We bring people together to solve problems. We identify the most pressing issues in our community and we bring together the people we think can solve them. United Way funds agencies that, working together, can address the nuances of complex problems like homelessness or the academic achievement gap. We create programs and initiatives to fill unmet needs. We deploy volunteers and socially responsible companies as the engines of change and the feet on the street, delivering hope to people in need. We raise funding through generous donors who understand that social change can’t happen without it.
The Coordinator, Stewardship supports the implementation and growth of United Way's development objectives and strategies.
Under the direction of the Assistant Vice President, Stewardship they will create, implement, and execute a variety of stewardship communications that support the objectives of retention and growth of United Way donors. They will provide leadership and support for Stewardship activities and events. This role will also provide administrative support to the Direct Mail and Planned Giving programs, which are managed by the Stewardship team. They may also be asked to support the development team with research and reports to aid the cultivation and stewardship of donors and companies.
While this role has high visibility and responsibility to organizational leadership, it does require some administrative work and data management.
- Day to day management and execution of stewardship and planned giving materials and communications, especially the acknowledgment process.
- Coordinating the writing and distribution of stewardship and planned gift communications including but not limited to acknowledgment templates, in honor of and in memory of recognition communications, the annual report, annual holiday cards, and other special communications.
- Assist in editing and writing stewardship communications on behalf of senior leadership staff members, including the President and the Chief Development Officer.
- Manage the Stewardship calendar to record, track, and coordinate Stewardship communications and materials, with a focus on major gift stewardship plans. Maintain related inventory of stewardship supplies (i.e. frames, thank you cards, stationery).
- Assist the Manager, Direct Marketing and Stewardship in executing in-house solicitations.
- Plan and execute 4-5 Family Volunteer Nights as stewardship events to engage high-level donors in our signature programs and community impact work, in partnership with the Engagement team.
- Coordinate stewardship event invitations and related communications with Marketing. Run and segment reports to create warehouses, distribution lists, and invitation lists. Create and managing registration pages. Provide content for Marketing materials related to events. Send e-communications related to the event. Run attendance reports when requested. Change the status of attendees for received RSVPs. Serve as the primary point of contact for RSVPs for VIP stewardship events. Execute email and paper event invitations and related communications.
- Provide event prep and planning support for Stewardship events as needed.
- Act as the primary liaison between Stewardship and Community Impact to develop the best stories of impact for stewardship purposes.
- Conduct research to create donor and company profiles and meeting briefings and use all available resources to update individual and corporate donor database records.
- Update data records for key constituents and share with internal stakeholders as needed.
- Serve as first line of customer service via the info phone line and inbox, as well as resolving rejected credit cards for leadership donors.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 1-2 years of sales, marketing and/or development support experience in either the private or non-profit sector.
- Strong writing skills with the ability to adapt to and write for other voices required. Experience with grant or fundraising/development writing strongly preferred. Writing samples will be requested.
- High proficiency in a Microsoft Office environment required, specifically Excel. Experience with data management systems strongly preferred.
- Strong organizational skills with demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and priorities. Ability to work independently and in teams a must.
- Exceptionally detail-oriented.
- Commitment to accountability and execution.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Adept in data management and analytics.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong internal partnerships across the entire organization and the ability to influence others.
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS SHOULD FORWARD A RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO:
United Way of Massachusetts Bay and Merrimack Valley,
Human Resources Coordinator,
51 Sleeper Street, Boston, MA 02210. Fax: 617- 624-9114
For information on additional opportunities, please access our Web Site at www.unitedwaymassbay.org
United Way of Massachusetts Bay and Merrimack Valley is committed to hiring individuals who
reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.