Corporate & Foundation Relations Gift Officer
Salary – $65-70K
Coming off a record year, a well-known mission-driven, South Shore organization has a need for an experienced Grant Writer
to help manage growth and continued success.
The Corporate & Foundation Relations Gift Officer will handle the cultivation, grant identification and writing, and subsequent stewardship to continue to grow support from Corporations and Foundations.
Terrific opportunity to add value to a growing and worthwhile organization.
Grant Writing/Grant Management
- Develop streamlined process for grant identification, acquisition and follow up pertaining to all private grant activities with the goal to increase number of grant submissions through enhanced research and identification and by re-packaging language. Draft proposals, concept papers and reports to solicit and steward new and current foundations and corporate donors.
- Manages the preparation and submission of proposals and reports in a timely fashion.
- Responsible for all administrative duties related to grants, including securing all necessary approvals, signatures, attachments, and documentation.
- Maintain accurate records in database, including grant/prospect tracking and follow-up actions
- Assume primary responsibility for foundation and corporation cultivation, stewardship and retention.
- Lead planning and strategy for donor visits and other targeted contact with donors and prospects. Handle all logistics related to meetings and public relations opportunities, including scheduling meetings, site visits and media opportunities with funders and senior staff.
- Provide ongoing stewardship to funders – updating them on programs of interest and facilitating sponsorship/recognition opportunities.
- Work closely with Volunteer Coordinator on cultivating corporate volunteer groups. Meet group on-site to welcome, provide tours and establish relationship.
- Work closely with Development team to implement appropriate recognition opportunities for foundation and corporate supporters, including naming opportunities, press releases and social media highlights. Report back to donors on recognition.
- Identify and qualify foundation and corporate prospects; perform continual research (online and via visits and calls) for new grant opportunities in order to write proposals that match interests.
- Attend quarterly Resource Development meetings with senior program staff to understand funding priorities.
- Assist with other projects pertaining to communications or program development, as assigned
- Provide support with 3-4 events throughout the year (may include weekends and evenings)