Compass is an innovative, mission-driven organization that supports families with low incomes to save for their future and access greater economic opportunity. We believe in our clients and in their ability to achieve their goals and dreams. We operate high-quality financial coaching and savings programs, and pursue opportunities to shape the national approach to poverty through practice and policy change. Compass is also an emerging leader in a national effort to leverage housing assistance as a platform for economic mobility. We are looking for people who want to be part of taking our programs and our impact to the next level.
For more information, please visit us on our website, www.compassworkingcapital.org
About the Job
We are looking for a mission-driven individual who is passionate about using data to inform process improvement. The Data Analyst will be a champion for data-driven learning at Compass and serve as a day-to-day Salesforce Administrator for our growing staff of financial coaches. Our ideal candidate is an entrepreneurial self-starter who enjoys learning how to do something new every day.
All staff at Compass embody our values
Believe in People: At Compass, we have a fundamental belief in all clients and their ability to achieve their goals and dreams. Our unique approach to coaching fosters a culture of aspiration, dignity, and hope.
Pursue Excellence: We hold ourselves to the highest professional and ethical standards in every aspect of our work, and we strive to always do better.
Go Further Together: Our team builds trust, respects each other, and acts with care and empathy. We believe in harnessing our strengths to find joy in what we do and in doing this work as a team, and to bring out the best in each other.
- Spearhead data-driven learning to improve our client services.
- Develop customized reports and dashboards for internal (program team, leadership, development team) and external stakeholders (partners, donors and institutional funders).
- Develop a deep understanding of our data structure and definitions. Support all staff to develop fluency with our data and impact.
- Work closely with program and other department staff to define and develop new Salesforce features that support efficient operations.
- Oversee data integrity. Ensure data is clean, accurate and complete.
- Manage administrative functions related to Salesforce, including user security setting, day-to-day support, data integrations, and 3rd party applications.
- Oversee training of new users and grow Salesforce skills across the organization. Support strong adoption of Salesforce and other technology across the organization.
Qualifications and Skills
- Commitment to Compass’ mission and values with a passion for working with families with low incomes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical colleagues.
- Strong data management abilities, with a passion for using data to improve process.
- Comfort with excel, relationship databases, and/or statistical tools (R, SPSS, Stata, etc.)
- Cultural humility. Openness to and respect for others’ cultures, identities, and lived experiences.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to establish and build strong, trusting partnerships with colleagues.
- Excellent organizational skills. Detail-oriented with the ability to complete work accurately and efficiently.
- 1-3 years of experience administering Salesforce. Salesforce Administrator certification is a plus
- Experience with data visualization tools (Tableau, Power BI, R, Salesforce Analytics, etc.)
This job description is not intended to provide a comprehensive listing of all duties or responsibilities. Job duties and responsibilities may change at any time based on coaching methods and program partners.
Healthcare: medical, dental, vision
Retirement plan 401(k) & match
Life insurance & disability Insurance
Paid time off
Paid parental leave
Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
Professional development & certification
Pre-tax commuter benefits
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Discounted shopping and entertainment
Voluntary pet insurance and more
This position is based in Boston, MA. Occasional travel to other Compass offices (Lynn, MA) and other communities may be required as our programs grow and broaden geographically.
Compass is an equal opportunity employer and committed to hiring individuals who reflect the diversity of the communities it serves.
To apply, please submit a resume and a cover letter that outlines your interest in this role to our website.