ABOUT UNITED WAY:
We are the Uniters. We bring people together to solve problems. We listen to communities to identify the most pressing issues and we bring together the people who could solve them. United Way partners with nonprofit and public agencies that, working together, can address the nuances of complex problems like homelessness or the academic achievement gap. We create programs and initiatives to fill unmet needs. We deploy volunteers and socially responsible companies as the engines of change and the feet on the street, increasing our capacity to respond to crises and get necessary resources out into the community. We raise funding through generous donors who understand that social change can't happen without it.
We are currently in the midst of a strategic planning process to affirm our intended impact and align these core activities equitably and inclusively. A core element of this organizational change is the development of a more robust data culture that supports continuous improvement. This involves a redesign of our enterprise architecture, particularly our data management systems, as well as an emphasis on user-centered design and training. This new position is central to that effort.
The Database Administrator is responsible for user support, training, and adoption, for data integrity and quality assurance. Also for ongoing system improvement of Andar, United Way's SQL-based CRM. A critical member of the team responsible for building United Way's data culture and orientation toward continuous improvement, the Administrator will prioritize the business and training needs of users to make the best and most efficient use of our CRM and ensure the integrity of the data it contains. This will include supporting the consolidation of existing systems and potentially a migration to a new CRM. They will collaborate with other staff internally, our IT service contractor, and Andar Support to prioritize and deliver enhancements and other development needs and system upgrades.
- Support, training, and user adoption
- Users come first. Develop a deep understanding of Andar users, their needs, and the business context in which they are using the platform.
- Maintain current training materials, including videos, and usage standards documentation
- Set up user accounts with permissions appropriate for their role and maintain a hierarchy of permission settings
- Identify the tasks that a given user must perform using Andar to do their jobs effectively and provide the training, including pre-recorded materials, they need to master those skills by the end of their 90-day onboarding period
- Train superusers to identify and remedy data quality issues related to the business process(es) they manage
- Provide ongoing training and support as needed as users' roles and needs expand or become more complex
- Train Andar users how to find information in Andar that is important to them and their roles
- Support users in identifying how best to use Andar to support new processes and needs that emerge
- Maintain data integrity and quality
- Maintain a data dictionary that clearly defines all variables and metrics stored and calculated by Andar
- Routinely monitor data QA reports and dashboards to identify potential issues
- Consult with users to identify potential repairs and enhancements to address and prevent future data quality issues
- Provide training to users that addresses and prevents data quality issues
- Consult with users, other Analytics team members, and IT to develop automated data transformation and transfer processes
- Ongoing system improvements
- Maintain an atlas of business processes supported by Andar
- Build and edit custom forms, reports, and dashboards in consultation with users
- Prioritize list of repairs and enhancements to be made, based on the extent to which they impact data quality and users
- Liaise with other Analytics team members, Andar support, IT & contracted developers to deliver priority repairs and enhancements
- Act as United Way's resident expert in Andar technology and the first to know about system updates and other changes
- Other duties as assigned
- A passion for economic justice
- At least 3 years of experience managing a database; Andar experience is a plus
- Proficiency in SQL, including referential integrity, primary and foreign key relationships, and complex joins
- Knowledge of best practices in data quality assurance and user support
- Strong written, oral, and visual communication skills
- Ability to provide top-notch customer service to colleagues internally as well as to our external partners
- Ability to quickly learn to use new technology and software
- Ability to manage and support time-sensitive and complex projects and to problem solve
- Ability to prioritize, manage and hold oneself accountable for completing multiple tasks
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Experience teaching, coaching, or training is a plus
- Interest in learning Salesforce administration is a plus
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
United Way of Massachusetts Bay and Merrimack Valley is committed to hiring individuals who reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.