Development & Communications Associate
Organization: Communities for Restorative Justice
Job Title: Development & Communications Associate
Job Type: Development
Organization's Website: c4rj.org
Hourly Rate: $18-$22 - DOE
Work Schedule: Within normal business hours of Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
Work Location: Remote
Reports To: Director of Development
The Development & Communications Associate ensures the optimal operation of all aspects of fundraising and communications, primarily by supporting the Director of Development and also supporting overall office operation with administrative and program support as needed. Primary duties include fundraising database management and data entry; reporting; donor acknowledgements; project management for communications projects, including two major appeals per year; event support; website content management; and managing social media accounts.
• Database management, including playing a key role in an upcoming database conversation project.
• Database entry, facilitate weekly donor acknowledgements and donation reports.
• With guidance from the Director of Development, support ongoing research efforts and requests from institutional funders.
• Contribute to monthly development reports to the Board of Directors.
• Oversee management of fundraising and other events. Act as liaison to vendors, volunteers, Board and guests.
• Support the creation and rollout of two mailed appeals per year, as well as numerous email communications.
• Collect and edit relevant program impact data as requested by the Development & Communications Manager.
• Contribute to the creation of surveys, forms, spreadsheets and other tools to effectively track program data metrics.
• Other support as needed.
• Collect, update/edit and manage content for multiple purposes.
• Assist with creating and sending newsletters and other communications.
• Upload content and maintain website on a regular basis.
• Share program news, community news and events through social media.
• Provide phone and email inquiry support.
• Manage volunteers/interns when relevant.
• Support IT/office management tasks and internal communications.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Experience working in databases; fundraising-specific experience a plus.
• Strong writing and communications skills.
• Proven project management experience.
• Minimum 2-4 years of non-profit experience.
• The ability to work independently and switch gears frequently.
• Capacity to represent C4RJ in a friendly and professional way.
• Openness to collaborating with people from all walks of life.
• Enthusiasm for C4RJ’s mission.
Application Deadline: January 15, 2022
Targeted Start Date: February 2022
Please submit a cover letter, resume and two work samples in PDF format to: email@example.com
Subject: Development & Communications Associate
No phone calls, please.