Who We Are
Since 1969, Boston Chinatown Neighborhood Center (BCNC) has been a vital presence in Greater Boston and beyond, empowering Asians and new immigrants to build healthy families, achieve greater economic success, and contribute to thriving communities. We provide a broad range of innovative programs and services centered around education, workforce development, family support, and arts and culture, leaving a significant and lasting impact on the lives of more than 13,000 children, youth, and adults every year.
The six-person development team is responsible for raising revenue and increasing visibility to achieve BCNC’s mission and goals. Revenue is achieved from government contracts, institutional and individual donors, as well as corporate partners and sponsors. The team is high-achieving and dedicated and aims to maintain a collaborative and supportive dynamic.
We seek to hire a passionate, mission-driven individual to join our Development Team. With an annual budget of $7 million, BCNC is looking for a professional to join a dynamic development team. Reporting to the Chief Development Officer and working with the Institutional Giving Officer, the Development Associate is responsible for supporting the achievement of BCNC’s annual fundraising goals.
- Updating and maintaining donor, gift, and grant records in database
- Processing donor contributions in database and online platforms
- Producing print and online acknowledgements and stewardship materials
- Producing data reports for mailings and analysis
- Develop strategies and materials for print and online annual fund appeals
- Research potential donors and institutional funders
- Provide administrative support on grant applications, reports, and forms
- Maintain proposal attachments and forms
- Track grants and reports submission and status, maintain database and organize funders’ communication
- Collaborate with development team and staff members to support goals of the agency and department including events, research, and administrative tasks
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- A minimum of 1-2 years of experience working in a professional setting
- Commitment and understanding of BCNC’s mission
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and cooperatively
- Eagerness to learn and research
- Strong organization skills
- Strong attention to detail and flexibility a must
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with databases and proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Normal office conditions. Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment, includes the operation of computer equipment for six to eight hours daily, physical demands associated with a traditional office setting, e.g., walking, standing, communicating, and other physical functions, as necessary.
- Occasional evening meetings and events required.
- Travel is primarily local during the business day. May require travel to other locations occasionally.
- Position is in-person 5 days a week at the Boston site with a potential for hybrid schedule.
Benefits and Perks
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental, & Vision
- Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 403B Retirement Plan
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Wellness Programs
- Professional Development
- Flexible Schedule
BCNC requires all employees to receive COVID-19 vaccinations as determined unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. The face mask is required all the time, except for eating and drinking.
• Must be authorized to work in the United States.
• BCNC does not provide sponsorship for an employment work visa.
How to Apply
BCNC is an equal opportunity non-profit organization that supports diversity and encourages all employees and applicants to apply. BCNC is committed to non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or Local laws.