SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Development Associate will work closely with a four-person development team that raises over one million dollars for braille literacy so that blind children and adults have the opportunity to read. The Associate will report directly to the Vice President of Development and Major Gifts. This position will be responsible for gift processing, financial reporting and reconciling with the Accounting office. He/she will also coordinate the administrative needs of the development office and assist in all mailings, special events and project logistics.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Gift Processing
- Database entry, reporting and maintenance
- Financial reporting, including daily transaction reports, monthly reports and progress reports
- Donor recognition and acknowledgments
- Execution of direct mail solicitations, newsletters, event invitations and other mailings
- ePhilanthropy support including the implementation of online communications such as the E-Newsletter, online appeals and e-mail blasts
- Support with events and the annual A Million Laughs for Literacy Gala
- Maintenance of paper donor records—corporate, foundation and individual
- Assist with volunteer program
- Back up support for front desk/receptionist duties and tours of NBP
- Call donors to update personal and financial information
- Other administrative and logistical support as needed
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Exceptional time / project management
- Strong database/eCRM knowledge specifically in Hubspot or other donor management systems.
- Must have exceptional attention to detail
- Experience with reporting and report analysis
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Thorough with numbers including budget and financial information
- Can exercise initiative, and be accountable while working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Prior knowledge of development and marketing principles and strategies a plus
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree a plus
To apply: send resume and cover letter to Joseph M. Quintanilla, Vice President of Development and Major Gifts, email@example.com
- Much of the time will be working in an office setting. The position will also have to do some lifting of supplies and materials up to 25 lbs. on occasion.
- The position will be required to attend evening and weekend events from time to time and may be required to travel by plane, with occasional overnight stay.
NBP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.