Project Bread connects people and communities in Massachusetts to reliable sources of food while advocating for policies that make food more accessible—so that no one goes hungry. To assist us in meeting our mission, Project Bread – The Walk for Hunger is seeking a <Insert job title> to join our growing team.
At Project Bread, we have a deep commitment to creating positive social change and recognize that hunger and racism are inextricably linked. We work in a fast-paced environment that values learning, innovation, and diverse perspectives. Knowing its centrality to our work, Project Bread is committed to equity and inclusion. We aspire to build a diverse team, including groups that are traditionally underrepresented among our sector leadership. We strongly encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.
Supervisor: Alexa Drolette
Salary Range: $50,000 - $55,000 annually
The Role: The Development Associate reports to the Assistant Director of Development, Individual Giving. This position supports fundraising via individual contributions, including individuals supporting Project Bread’s Annual Fund as well as individual participants and team captains for Project Bread’s Walk for Hunger. The position requires a dual ability to independently take initiative while working closely on small team. As an integral member of the fundraising team, the Development Associate will be a critical point person and spokesperson for the Project Bread. The ideal candidate will have exemplary project management skills and attention to detail. To be considered, a candidate must be interested and committed to our mission of preventing and ending hunger in Massachusetts.
- Fundraising: cultivation, stewardship and solicitation of new and returning individual donors to Project Bread
- Regular personal phone and email communication asking for financial contributions to Project Bread.
- Establish and maintain personal contact with a portfolio of participants and partners throughout year.
- Recruit, cultivate and motivate individuals and teams to participate in and fundraise for Project Bread’s Walk for Hunger.
- Project management and support for ongoing fundraising initiatives for individuals throughout the year.
- Assist in developing donor communications and content.
- Donor event support, including Project Bread’s annual Walk for Hunger as well as smaller donor events during the year (including events hosted virtually).
- Deliver high quality customer service via phone and email.
- Create and maintain thorough and detailed database records for donors in Raiser’s EdgeNXT
- Track and analyze data that will inform ongoing participant and donor engagement strategy
- Team and organizational support as directed by supervisor
There are innumerable ways to learn, grow and excel professionally. We know people gain skills through a variety of professional, personal, educational, and volunteer experiences. Project Bread recognizes this when we review applications and take a broad look at the experience of each applicant. We want to get to know you and the unique strengths you will bring to the work. This said, we are most likely to be interested in your candidacy if you can demonstrate most of the qualifications and experiences listed below.
- Deep commitment to Project Bread’s mission to end hunger.
- Detail oriented self-starter.
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Comfort with public speaking.
- Fundraising experience preferred.
- Proven ability to manage projects both in a team-environment and independently.
- Raiser’s Edge or Luminate experience a plus.
- 1-2 years’ experience in a professional environment.
All employees are currently working remotely and will not return to the office until it is safe to do so. At that time, the Development Associate will need to be present in the East Boston office on a regular basis.
The Project Bread office is in East Boston. While there are various types of remote, hybrid and office-based positions, all staff are expected to occasionally be in the office.
Benefits include Blue Cross Blue Shield health and dental, flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, life and long-term disability, contributions to T passes and health club membership, and unlimited paid time off.
Please submit your resume and a thoughtful cover letter that explains your interest in the role and our organization at www.projectbread.org/careers/apply.
Review of applications will begin the fall and continue until the position is filled.
Project Bread is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, height, weight, or marital status in employment or the provision of services. Please contact us at email@example.com if you would like to request special accommodations during the interview process.