Global Arts Live
Cambridge, MA, United States
Global Arts Live seeks to fill the position of Development Associate, full time with benefits. This individual will work closely with the Executive Director to manage an active membership program; and will support major gifts, a $12-15M campaign, and institutional giving. The Development Associate will have the opportunity to gain training and experience and take on increasing responsibility in multiple aspects of a comprehensive fundraising program. The position has high growth potential for an individual who thrives in a fast-paced, small team environment.
About Global Arts Live
The mission of Global Arts Live, a non-profit organization, is to bring inspiring music and dance from all corners of the world to stages across greater Boston. By putting the spotlight on exceptional artists and reflecting the diverse and vibrant community that is Boston, we aspire to transcend borders, cultivate community, and enrich lives.
The organization is poised for growth after a highly successful rebranding, completion of a strategic plan, and the hiring of a new Executive Director, with the founder staying on as Director of Artistic Programming. Global Arts Live is partnering with a real estate developer to build a new BIPOC-centered arts and culture center in the heart of the biotech industry at Kendall Square, Cambridge, MA which will require a major fundraising campaign.
Membership and Individual Giving
• Manage an ongoing membership and individual giving program, including direct mail, email, and social media, designed for renewals, upgrades, acquisition, and stewardship (working with box office staff who deliver ticketing-related benefits)
• Coordinate Annual Fund and other appeals, including personal cultivation and solicitations.
• Coordinate donor and prospect engagement, including organizing special events
• Maintain development webpages and online giving forms
• Interface with Box Office staff and support ticket sales in peak times as needed, with emphasis on member relations
• Help create advancement communications and fundraising materials such as email newsletter, annual report, campaign materials
• Support Executive Director in a major gifts program and a major campaign through prospect research, coordinating communications, and database work
Database and Analyses
• Process gifts, input updates, generate acknowledgments, manage donor records, generate reports and mail merge lists
• Track, analyze, and report fundraising metrics
• Research and assist with preparation of foundation, corporate, and government grant proposals
• Track grant submissions, crediting requirements, and assist with reporting
• Staff member/marketing table at concerts as required
• Represent Global Arts Live at cultivation events and other interactions, in community and professional forums and groups, and with partner organizations as appropriate
• Other duties and administrative support as assigned (such as volunteer and intern management)
• Attend and engage in professional development opportunities as appropriate
• Opportunity for growth as the advancement programs expand
• Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills (grant writing a plus)
• Customer-focused approach to donor relations
• Experience with a donor or customer relations database such as Raisers Edge, Salesforce
• Proficient in Microsoft 365 (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
• Creative, results-driven problem-solver
• Team-oriented, communicative, collaborative
• Extreme attention to detail, highly organized, accurate, reliable
• Orientation to analysis and data-driven decision making
• Cultural sensitivity towards people of various ages, education, backgrounds, experiences and life situations
• Interest in authentic work with diverse communities and cultures, and commitment to advancing anti-racism in the mission delivery and workplace
• Discretion in handling confidential information
• Passion for music, dance, and the mission of Global Arts Live
• Global Arts Live offices are located at 720 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, MA, and concerts are held all over Boston, Somerville, and Cambridge
• Work is generally performed in the office and at events, with some flexibility for working partially remote
• Must be able to sit and stand for extended periods of time, walk up and down stairs, and lift 30 lbs
• Some night and weekend work at concert events required
• COVID-19 protocols in office and at events include required vaccination (with medical or religious exceptions), frequent testing with provided kits, distancing, and masks. (Subject to change as health guidance is updated.)
Qualifications and Compensation
• Bachelors’ Degree with 1-2 years’ relevant experience ideally in fundraising, marketing, or arts administration
• Or High School Diploma (or GED) and 3+ years’ relevant experience ideally in fundraising, marketing, or arts administration
• Salary range with the above qualifications $45-50k. Benefits include health, dental, flexible spending account, retirement.
• Please create a single pdf with your cover letter, resume, and references. In your cover letter please mention how you heard of this opportunity.
• Email the pdf to email@example.com.
• In both your email subject line and pdf file name, please put Dev Assoc, Last Name, First Initial.
• Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis, and before November 29, 2021.
• No postal mail, no phone calls, please.
• References will not be contacted without applicant permission.
Global Arts Live is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from candidates demonstrating diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, and national origin. Global Arts Live is committed to creating a work environment that values respect, integrity, diversity, and inclusion.