JVS is a non-profit, non-sectarian agency. Our mission is to empower individuals from diverse communities to find employment and build careers and to partner with employers to hire, develop and retain productive workforces. JVS provides a broad range of services including adult education, skills training, job readiness training, job placement and support, and access to post-secondary education. JVS assists employers in their search for well-qualified job applicants and their initiatives to upgrade the skills of their incumbent workforce.
The Development Associate provides department-wide administrative support and participates in all fundraising activities including donor and foundation relations and special events. As a member of the Development Team, the Development Associate works to tell the story of JVS, our mission, and our clients; to build strong relationships with donors through meaningful engagement; and to secure the resources to support our work.
Essential Job Functions
- Manage JVS Boston’s development database (Salesforce) to ensure effective engagement of our donors, funders, and prospects in a timely fashion.
- Prepare and send acknowledgement letters.
- Work with the Development Team to help steward funders. Assist in coordinating donor and funder site visits.
- Conduct prospect research (corporations, foundations, and government funding sources) to identify prospective funding sources.
- In partnership with the Donor Relations & Events Manager, execute event vision and strategy for engaging new audiences and current donors more deeply.
- Assist with all donor cultivation and fundraising event logistics to produce high-quality and engaging events for prospective donors and critical audiences.
- Work collaboratively with the Senior Manager, Corporate & Foundation Relations to request and coordinate programmatic information, financial materials, and data needed to prepare compelling proposals and reports.
- Proofread and edit narrative material to meet proposal and reporting requirements.
- Miscellaneous office work, including but not limited to photocopying, scanning, and filing of documents.
- Contribute to special events and projects as part of the Development team. Participate in Development staff meetings. Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
- Seek opportunities for professional development.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- High degree of organizational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong writing skills, including editing and proofreading skills
- 2 years of professional experience in Development or related field in the non-profit or public sector preferred.
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple tasks accurately while adhering to deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively across departments
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting
- Ability to exercise discretion in handling confidential information
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher, Teams, SharePoint)
- Salesforce database experience a plus
- Able to seek creative solutions to challenging situations. Open to considering different perspectives, being flexible to absorb information and adjust plans quickly when appropriate.
To Apply, send resume and cover to: https://bit.ly/3nWAJs8
JVS CULTURE: JVS is strongly committed to diversity and a workplace environment that respects, appreciates and values employee differences and similarities. By providing and supporting a work culture that fosters and builds upon diversity and its strengths, JVS will better serve our local communities and continue to provide quality services.
JVS is an employment at-will organization and an equal opportunity employer committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, JVS prohibits retaliation against an applicant or employee because they have engaged in protected activity under the statutes prohibiting discrimination in the workplace.