Title: Development & Communications Associate
Supervised by: Director of Development & Communications
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Hybrid – Remote & Boston (38 Oak Street, Boston, MA 02111)
About the Organization
Asian Community Development Corporation (ACDC) works in underserved and immigrant Asian American communities in the Greater Boston region to create and preserve affordable, sustainable, and healthy neighborhoods. We achieve this by building affordable homes and vibrant spaces, empowering families with asset-building tools, and strengthening communities through resident and youth leadership.
ACDC is seeking a Development & Communications Associate to support our fundraising and communications efforts. The Associate will work with the Director of Development, Executive Director, and Board to support fundraising efforts through coordinating special events, managing donor database and acknowledgments, and assisting with grants and prospecting. The Associate will also help develop and maintain our communications content. This position provides many opportunities for networking, skill-building, and professional development.
- Support donor cultivation through meaningful donation acknowledgments and prospect research.
- Maintain the Salesforce database by recording fundraising activity and donor notes/reminders.
- Coordinate grant proposals and reports and manage related deadlines.
- Work with program staff to collect relevant information for grant proposals.
- Manage virtual and in-person events.
- Maintain consistent organizational branding and design standards of published materials.
- Manage marketing and communication functions for ACDC, including social media, newsletters, annual report, videos, and website and ensure its alignment with overall organizational mission.
- Coordinate and assist with media relations.
- Bachelor’s or Associates degree.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Word, etc.
Additional Qualifications and Skills
- Enthusiasm for ACDC’s mission and work.
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to craft compelling stories and narratives.
- Prior events management experience a plus.
- Prior development and communications/marketing experience strongly preferred.
- Proactive and resourceful self-starter with the ability to work independently, collaboratively, and reliably.
- Attention to detail, strong planning, and organizational skills are essential.
- Experience with Salesforce or another donor database and website maintenance is preferred.
- Experience using Constant Contact and Adobe InDesign/Illustrator or Canva a plus.
- Must be available for occasional weekend and evening hours for events.
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance and flexible spending account.
- Time off: 3 weeks of paid vacation, 13 paid holidays, 6 paid sick days, and 2 paid personal days per year.
- Employer-matched 401k for eligible employees.
Salary Range: $45,000 - $50,000
Note: Starting salaries are ultimately determined by the scope of the position and the candidate's relevant experience.
To apply, please e-mail your resume, cover letter, and a writing sample (up to 2,000 characters) to:
Christine Nguyen, Director of Development & Communications, Christine.Nguyen@asiancdc.org with the subject line: Development & Communications Associate Application.
ACDC’s Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging
We are actively interested in ensuring that ACDC represents a range of experiences and backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. AA/ EOE
ACDC is observing COVID-19 safety protocols and requires all staff to be fully vaccinated. The Boston office is allowing visitors and clients only by appointment. Face coverings are required in all common areas. Position requires a minimum of one day on site until further notice. The office is climate controlled with heat and air conditioning.