Who We Are
Launch gURLs is a registered 501c3 nonprofit that uses entrepreneurial education to prepare girls for the future of work. Our flagship Girl Boss program enables adolescent girls around the world to build the critical professional and life skills necessary for successful futures. We believe that girls can lead, create, and drive change, and we are here to help unlock that potential. Launch gURLs bridges the digital divide and meets the needs of girls based on their access to technology, while helping girls become part of a larger digital ecosystem. Within our programs, girls experience the excitement of building businesses that can bring about economic prosperity, as they turn ideas into tangible solutions. Through our programming, girls become creators and not just consumers in today’s technology-driven world. For more information, follow Launch gURLs on Facebook, Instagram, or visit www.launchgurls.com.
Project Overview and Goals
We are looking for a development consultant who can help us establish our philanthropic giving program. This consultant will work directly with the CEO to develop a fundraising strategy; bring tools and best practices for fundraising; develop critical fundraising collateral; and help us create effective processes and procedures for donor management. Additionally, we are looking for someone who can help us diversify revenue streams and prospect new major and corporate donors.
Scope of Work
- Conduct a Funding Needs Analysis assessing current funding priorities and goals, identifying changes in funding-priority areas, and identifying potential new priority areas for funding. Assess current fundraising budgets, processes, and tools used by the team and identify areas for improvement.
- Identify and create a fundraising strategy for Launch gURLs that includes identification of likely funding sources, prioritization of funding sources, plan for Board expansion, and strategic outreach plan for new and existing corporate partners.
Fundraising Collateral and Tools
- Bring best practices for fundraising systems, processes, and tools for Launch gURLs’ philanthropic management across high net-worth individuals, family foundations, larger foundations, and corporations.
- Identify the appropriate CRM (database) for the organization to utilize to track donor cultivation and management.
- Work closely with the CEO to effectively communicate the work and impact of Launch gURLs programming. Support the development of fundraising collateral including one-pagers and pitch decks.
- Create relevant board materials to be utilized with new board member outreach, recruitment, and onboarding.
- Support the CEO and Communications team to update the website and social media to increase fundraising awareness and engagement. Support the development of the 2022 annual report from a fundraising perspective.
- Research foundations, corporations, grants, and new major donors to establish an active pipeline for new donor cultivation.
- Work with the Launch gURLs CEO to identify and qualify prospective funding sources. Support the CEO when she solicits prospective funders from all funding sources (foundations, corporations, and individuals).
- Lead and support CEO in Board development and training efforts with regard to soliciting support through grants, major gifts, crowdfunding campaigns, and events.
- Advise and guide the CEO in developing and building relationships with high-net-worth individuals, foundations, and corporations for strategic partnerships.
- Support the CEO with ongoing donor stewardship and cultivation.
- Support the prioritization, creation, and execution of fundraising campaigns, events, and appeals across multiple online and offline platforms.
- Grant Funding Research: Based on direction from the Launch Gurls Team, identify grant resources from appropriate local/state/federal entities, foundations, agencies, and organizations that support funding needs.
- Grant Writing: Provide grant-writing services such as data-gathering and analysis, grant-planning and staffing requirements assistance, development of all narratives, budget, gathering letters of support, and obtaining resumes and other essential resources for the departments. Research and take the lead on writing grant applications as deemed necessary by Launch gURLs.
- Grant Proposal Submission: On behalf of Launch gURLs (in conjunction with the team), submit completed proposals and ensure that submission requirements and deadlines are met.
- Create standardized grant and letter of inquiry templates for future use when doing proposal for unrestricted and project-based funding.
- Create an annual grants calendar.
- Funding Needs Analysis report
- Fundraising strategy and plan
- Donor CRM (database) identified and customized for Launch gURLs needs
- Fundraising collateral including one-pagers and pitch decks
- Board fundraising and training materials
- Website content for fundraising and donor pages as needed
- 2022 annual report input
- Foundations, corporations, grants, and new major donors pipeline for new donor cultivation
- Identified, qualified, and prioritized list of prospective funding sources
- Process for donor stewardship and cultivation
- Strategy and plan for two fundraising events during the year; one event occurring during the International Day of the Girl
- Standardized grant and letters of interest templates
- Grant pipeline and annual grants calendar
- Customized grant proposals or letters of inquiry for at least two grants or foundations
- Weekly progress reports
Proposal Requirements and Evaluation Criteria
Please submit a proposal to Averil Spencer, Launch gURLs Founder and CEO that includes:
- Why you would like to work with Launch gURLs
- Previous experiences and expertise in establishing philanthropic giving programs with startup nonprofits, leadership teams that include the founder, and nonprofits focused on girls’ and women’s’ empowerment, education, and/or economic opportunity development
- Performance history working with these nonprofits, including amounts and types of funding secured for organizations
- Writing sample, sample work, and/or case studies of previous work
- Project costs
- Costs can be structured as one-time deliverables that are fee based and an ongoing monthly retainer for CEO coaching and support or a monthly retainer. We are open to proposals and cost structures that allow the consultant to delivering high quality work in whatever way works best for them.
How to Apply: Send a complete proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org.