We are the Uniters. We bring people together to solve problems. We identify the most pressing issues in our community and we bring together the people we think can solve them. United Way funds agencies that, working together, can address the nuances of complex problems like homelessness or the academic achievement gap. We create programs and initiatives to fill unmet needs. We deploy volunteers and socially responsible companies as the engines of change and the feet on the street, delivering hope to people in need. We raise funding through generous donors who understand that social change can’t happen without it.
Reporting to Vice President Individual Giving and Leadership Gifts, this position will support all aspects and efforts of the Affinities team. The successful candidate must be interested in working to increase awareness about United Way’s engagement opportunities through all affinities including Women United, Private Equity and Venture Capital and Real Estate with the opportunity for other groups to develop. The Development Coordinator directly supports three staff members as they work with volunteer committees, new business, and donors to meet established fundraising, sponsorship and engagement goals. This role also provides administrative support of scheduled activities, volunteer management, and event management. She/he will help strengthen relationships with existing donors and prospects with the United Way. A member of the Development Division, she/he will work with the internal Marketing Department, the Administration and Finance team, the Volunteer Engagement staff and Community Impact staff to further the affinity work. Additionally, the Development Coordinator may be asked to work on special projects providing fundraising and administrative support for the Development Team.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- She/he will support event logistics and coordinate internal efforts, so all events are donor-centric and development staff is able to execute on established fundraising and sponsorship goals for each event/program.
- She/he will provide admin support for all affinity’s committees including; Women United, PEVC Associates Council and Community Builders (real estate) in achieving established fundraising goals and engaging volunteers more fully in United Way’s work and impact.
- In addition to providing admin support for affinities committees, she/he will provide administrative support to the affinity team including; maintaining calendars, scheduling and admin support for the executive committees of the affinities program.
- This position will work with each affinity lead to coordinate collateral materials for all programs and events.
- She/he will work with the Marketing Department to incorporate web and social media exposure for Affinities programs
- She/he will be expected to both write and proofread collateral materials, as well as to conduct event and program surveys in coordination with Marketing, Community Impact, Engagement, and Volunteer divisions.
- Gain “Super-user” status of Andar for Database Management to support the affinity and development team. Participate in training, utilize help guides and videos to gain deeper knowledge, field questions and coordinate with IT to get answers as appropriate. Prepare reports and create event materials such as name tags and lists and maximize information and potential in Andar. Prepare and review reports from Andar for an event, direct mail solicitations, and donor engagement. Manage internal database of prospects and donors, ensuring data integrity and efficiency of information pulling.
She/he will support the efforts and enhance communication with every affinity volunteer providing best in class customer service and donor experience.
- Bachelor Degree in related field required; comparable experience considered.
- 1-3 years of development, special events, marketing experience or comparable experience considered.
- Intermediate to advanced level skills in MSWord, Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Proficiency in database applications required—in a fundraising setting preferred.
- Proficient in social media.
- Cultural competency: must possess the ability to work with a diverse group of internal and external individuals, agencies, causes, and businesses.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to be flexible and team-oriented.
- Knowledge of local business, civic and cultural communities.
- Commitment to excellence and to the mission of the United Way.
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS SHOULD FORWARD A RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO:
United Way of Massachusetts Bay and Merrimack Valley, Human Resources Coordinator,
51 Sleeper Street, Boston, MA 02210.
For information on additional opportunities, please access our Web Site at www.supportunitedway.org
United Way of Massachusetts Bay and Merrimack Valley is committed to hiring individuals
who reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.