Position Title: Development Database Manager
Reports to: Manager of Stewardship and Advancement Services
Position Summary: This position is responsible for ensuring the accurate and timely entry and maintenance of key databases used to track donors (currently Raiser’s Edge), donations and other development related information; to work closely within the Development team to provide timely reports and data inputs thus supporting the Ministry’s ability to continue its Mission.
Position Description: Duties include but are not limited to:
- Maintain integrity of data in Raiser’s Edge donor database by creating and using parameters for consistent data entry data review and reporting
- Train, when applicable, the Development Associate (currently part time) in basic and advanced data entry guidelines, donor acknowledgement letters, query and report generation and other responsibilities as required and needed.
- In collaboration with the Development Associate, insure timely input of all cash/check/stock gifts, pledges/pledge payments, recurring gifts, BluePay, matching gifts and in-kind donations; import donations from peer-to-peer fundraising vendors (ex. CrowdRise.com, GivenGain, Raisin, Events.com, EventBright.com etc.) as required for the Ministries’ Signature Events as determined by the Director of Development and department protocol.
- Provide timely and as directed accurate creation and generation of queries, reports and analysis as requested from Development Team.
- Perform duties and responsibilities as the Ministries’ “matching gift officer” with all matching gift organizations.
- Prepare calendar year-end donor statements
- In collaboration with the Development Associate, process acknowledgement letters and donor correspondence as required; including Honor/Memorial notifications and maintaining the Ministries’ Memorial Books; strong familiarity with mail merge functions is required.
- Work closely with Bookkeeper/Finance Director to maintain accurate records and complete monthly reconciliations within five business days of the close of the month; identify and report grants and temporarily/permanent restricted gifts; collaborate on compiling information for the Ministries’ Fiscal Year Annual Audit.
- Coordinate and maintain donor record integrity – import/update addresses, contacts and other biographical data as necessary; utilize database vendor programs where appropriate
- Be the in-house data base expert and provide assistance to other users as needed
- In collaboration with the Director of Development, maintain software, implement upgrades and recommend changes if deemed necessary
- In collaboration with the Director of Development, troubleshoot database problems with vendor(s) and internally as needed; be the technical liaison to all database vendor(s)
- Maintain confidentiality regarding employee, donor and other personal and critical information related to the Ministry, its employees and benefactors.
- Fulfill other position related duties as required.
- Demonstrate strong commitment to the mission of Lazarus House Ministries
- Understanding and support of how the Gospel foundation drives our decisions and actions throughout the Ministry
- Previous database and/or fundraising experience in a nonprofit development environment strongly preferred
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment; highly responsive and timely in order to meet the information needs of a fast-moving, dynamic organization
- Detail-oriented with the capacity to support and manage multiple tasks
- Ability/confidence to meet time-sensitive deadlines
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented, with commitment to timeliness, efficiency, accuracy, consistency, discretion, and maintaining confidentiality
- Extensive proficiency/certification in one or more fundraising database software systems required; knowledge of Raiser’s Edge software strongly preferred with ability and willingness to learn additional software packages
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel and Office Suite
- BA or equivalent work experience
Physical Demands/Working Conditions: The information described here includes but is not necessarily limited to the general physical requirements, demands and/or working conditions that an employee is likely to encounter at Lazarus House, Inc. You must be able to handle or possess the ability to meet the following:
- Prolonged sitting and standing, some bending, stooping, and stretching.
- Eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity to operate equipment pertinent to your position.
- Lifting, moving, and carrying up to 25 pounds.
- Travel from building to building within the ministry and external agencies.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity and ability to work with or be exposed to diverse populations, including people who are homeless or have a mental illness or other challenges.
- Interact effectively with staff, guests, volunteers, benefactors, and the general public.
- Manage multiple priorities in a changing work environment. Manage competing demands and unexpected events. Able to prioritize tasks and be willing to change approach to best fit the situation.
- Able to manage the stress of the job