Please note: The internal job title for this role is Manager, Investor Relations. We changed the name here for recruitment purposes and to help candidates better understand the role. The application link will lead you to a post with the internal title.
ABOUT NEW PROFIT
New Profit is a nonprofit venture philanthropy organization that backs breakthrough social entrepreneurs who are advancing equity and opportunity in America. New Profit’s strategy focuses on building a breakthrough portfolio of grantee-partners to take on entrenched systemic challenges in America, including by driving resources and support to Black, Indigenous, and Latino/a/x social entrepreneurs who have unique proximity to solutions, but face stark racial funding disparities in philanthropy; and investing in social entrepreneurs with new systems change models across a range of issues. Learn more at www.newprofit.org.
The Portfolio Investing team’s focus is to identify and support a portfolio of organizations demonstrating outstanding performance in four key areas: impact, equity and proximity, leadership, and sustainability. Our role is to identify the most promising social entrepreneurs and organizations for investment, ensure that we are providing them with excellent capacity building support, and develop and continually refine a set of tools and processes that support our grantees and the portfolio team in capturing their progress and our value add.
The Manager, Investor Relations, Economic Mobility will manage and support fundraising and stewardship plans as New Profit continues to grow over the next several years from a $30M to a $50M organization, and strives to raise $250M by the end of 2023.
The Manager, Investor Relations will provide high-level, strategic project management to Managing Partner Angela Jackson, Bill Jackson and Jeff Nelson in order to effectively and efficiently cultivate, steward, and retain New Profit’s extensive community of Economic Mobility investors, including high net worth individuals, corporations, and foundations.
The Manager, Investor Relations will report centrally to Lizzie Kaplan, Partner, Investor Relations, and will serve as the conduit between the Economic Mobility team and the Investor Relations team, keeping them apprised of grant submissions, upcoming events, and donor activity.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- High-Level Support to the Managing Partner
- Provide critical, high-level support and guidance to the Managing Partner; track her priorities to ensure her time and attention is focused most effectively, with a particular focus on development/fundraising activity
- Serve as a proxy for the Managing Partner in internal and select external meetings
- Anticipate and respond to the Managing Partner’s needs relative to upcoming meetings and events; coordinate and manage materials with teams across the organization
- Write and edit grant proposals; create PowerPoint slides and other presentation materials for external speaking events [see specific emphasis on this function pulled out below]
- Ensure streamlined communication with database administrator and ensure all Salesforce data is accurate and up to date; keep her apprised of upcoming major planned funding proposals and deadlines
- Grant Writing & Proposal Development
- Project manage RFPs and grant proposals, working closely across internal departments to consolidate materials and information in a timely and efficient manner; serve as the head writer on RFPs and grant proposals, creating, editing, and persuasively articulating both new and existing content.
- Develop compelling deck materials to support meetings and pitches with prospective investors, leveraging existing content and preparing custom talking points and slides
- Offer strategic input to outline framing and deliverables for RFPs and proposals for prospective investors; make calculated recommendations to determine how to position Economic Mobility initiatives with prospects.
- Funder Stewardship
- Coordinate the monthly funders meeting for Economic Mobility initiatives, working across both external and internal stakeholders to ensure new content, emerging insights, and current data is being presented.
- Support and lead external conversations with committed funders on grant reports and related updates.
- Manage grant reports, working with the Finance department and PPS to offer accurate and timely reporting to funders; serve as the lead writer on grant reports.
WHO YOU ARE
- Excited about New Profit’s mission and social change
- Action-oriented project coordinator, able to use your superior organizational skills to manage up, juggle changing priorities, and drive towards deadlines
- Natural relationship-builder
- Strong verbal and written communicator, with a keen eye for detail and a commitment to high-quality work
- Deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- High level of interpersonal maturity and poise
- Ability to learn and grow from mistakes and have the desire to constantly improve
- Sharp analytical skills that allow you to quickly assess situations, identify trends, develop insights and solutions, and apply learnings to a larger context
- Command of Microsoft Office, specifically PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Comfort with moves management tracking system such as Raiser’s Edge or Salesforce (Salesforce preferred)
- Comfort with WealthEngine, Donor Perfect, or other comparable prospect research software
- Ability to maintain confidentiality as needed
LOCATION: Candidates can be based anywhere in the Northeast with occasional travel to New Profit's HQ in Boston, MA.
TO APPLY: To submit an application, please follow this link: https://newprofit.applytojob.com/apply/mdpsmTIrE2/Manager-Investor-Relations-Economic-Mobility
As an equal opportunity employer, New Profit recognizes the power of a diverse community and strongly encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. New Profit offers a competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience and skills. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer. Please no phone calls or direct emails.