Knowing its importance to the success of our work, Budget Buddies is committed to diversity and inclusion, and we aspire to build a diverse staff team and community, including groups that are traditionally underrepresented among our sector leadership.
Budget Buddies is seeking to add a part time (10 hours/week) Development Officer to our growing team to further develop our individual giving.
- We are a financial education and empowerment program for low-income women
- Our program combines instruction workshops with one-to-one volunteer coaches
- We have been in operation since 2009
- We are a rapidly growing organization, serving the Merrimack Valley, Southern New Hampshire, and Boston
- You are a proactive self-starter with proven knowledge of fundraising strategies related to individual giving
- You have a proven history of working with donors and successfully closing gifts
- You have strong written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- You are passionate about the mission of financially empowering low-income women and girls
- You have the ability to travel in and around Boston and the Merrimack Valley to meet with donors and also to attend networking and community events as needed
About the Opportunity:
Reporting to and in partnership with the Executive Director, the Development Officer will spearhead development efforts as Budget Buddies continues to grow. A new position in the organization, the Development Officer will have the opportunity to build the development function.
- Collaborate in the development and execution of annual fundraising plans
- Identify prospective donors and develop and implement strategies to introduce them to Budget Buddies
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors
- Create and execute strategies for building a sustained base of annual individual donors
- Work with staff and board members to plan resource-effective events that effectively engage individual donors
- Liaison with board members and development committee to support their donor outreach
Compensation: $37.00-$40.00/hour commensurate with experience
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org