The Development Services Specialist works within Development team to manage FBMS’ donor database (Raiser’s Edge NXT), oversee gift processing, exporting and importing lists and reports, and maintaining the integrity of the database. This position is also serves as the main point of contact with the Finance department in providing regular reports and reconciliation. This position reports to the Associate Director of Development. [CR1]
- Ensure optimal data integrity of database – perform regular audits and updates.
- Maintain accurate and updated individual donor and prospect records and systems through management of Raiser’s Edge NXT, including donor and gift tracking.
- Process cash and in-kind donations via Raiser’s Edge NXT, including data entry by gift batch, remote check deposits, merging donor acknowledgement letters, and electronic filing of all supporting documentation[LC2] .
- Oversee all gift processing processes and procedures. Ensure gifts are being entered in a timely and accurate manner, including booking pledges, processing event sponsorships, stock gifts, cryptocurrency, and processing cash and in-kind donations.
- Work closely with Blackbaud to integrate updates to Raiser’s Edge programs and other opportunities to ensure integrity of donor database; perform address updates and phone/email appends, as needed.
- Support use of Online Express, including processing online donations and email sign-ups; serve as main point of contact with merchant processing system.
- Provide effective support and training to staff in use of Raiser’s Edge and various departmental e-philanthropy tools.
- Serve as the Development liaison with software vendors and IT.
Reporting and Analysis
- Support all donor mailings, special events, meetings, presentations and other fundraising needs by developing mailing lists and reports.
- Develop systems and reports for Development staff.
- Manage fundraising reporting for CEO and Development team.
- Provide monthly reconciliation reports to the finance department.
- Create routine and special reports and tracking metrics related to donor and prospect management.
- Conduct prospect research and coordinate with staff to prepare donor profiles and briefings for CEO & Development team.
- Maintain donor and prospect research tools and train Development staff to utilize tools as needed.
- Provide research relevant to the creation of specific donor solicitation strategies.
- Assist with other projects pertaining to development and communications, as assigned.
- Support Development office with 3-4 events throughout the year, and represent Development and FBMS at events (may include weekends and evenings).
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience with constituent management software (Raiser’s Edge NXT preferred). Experience with research software, event management software, and lockbox services a plus.
- Graduation from a recognized college or university with a bachelor’s degree or comparable experience in lieu of education will be considered.
- Excellent computer skills required with knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, preference given to candidates with knowledge/experience of Raiser’s Edge NXT or similar program.
- Strong project management skills.
- High standard for accuracy and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work within an organization emphasizing teamwork, respect, and excellence.
- Ability to build and nurture effective working relationships, motivate, set and attain individual and team goals.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Occasional evening and weekend work required.
Skills & Competencies:
- Empathy: An understanding and empathy for those dealing with homelessness and related issues.
- Professionalism: Maintains the highest level of professionalism in the delivery of services, building of relationships, collaboration with co-workers, and representation of Father Bill’s & MainSpring within the organization and the community.
- Communication: Speaks appropriately in positive and/or negative conversations with supervisors, co-workers, volunteers, donors and constituents; Articulates the goals of Father Bill’s & MainSpring.
- Record-Keeping: Routine clerical or record-keeping incidental to the essential responsibilities of the job (including, but not limited to, data entry and case file updates).
- Job Knowledge: Possesses the practical and technical knowledge required on the job.
- Attendance: Acceptable overall attendance record, consistently at work and on time.
- Reliability: Relied upon regarding task completion and follow-up. Follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Initiative: Seeks out new assignments and is willing to be flexible with additional duties.
- Adherence to Policy: Follows safety and workplace expectations, regulations and processes as defined in the Employee Handbook.
- Work Ethic: Demonstrates a commitment to the Mission and adheres to the Operating Principles of Father Bill’s & MainSpring and works as part of a team toward a common goal.
- Safety & Security: Actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Travel: Local travel may be required. Valid driver’s license and good driving record required.
- Physical Demands: The demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to verbally convey detailed information or important instructions or ideas accurately or quickly. Must be able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information. Average visual acuity is necessary.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the employee. Other duties as assigned may be part of the job. This position is eligible for a hybrid schedule after 90 days of employment.
Father Bill’s & Main Springs is an equal opportunity employer.