Cooperative Elder Services (CESI) is a non-profit organization that has provided adult day health care for more than fifty communities in the Greater Boston area since 1978. At our vibrant centers in Arlington and Acton, participants in CESI’s day programs receive comprehensive nursing care, engage in recreation activities and enjoy well-balanced meals under the supervision of healthcare professionals, while family caregivers gain respite and support. A licensed registered nurse is always on site and our staff are trained in specialized care for participants with Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s diseases and related dementias.
As CESI looks to the future, the need to expand select programs and services is a priority. Improving awareness and access for aging adults and their caregivers is crucial. At the same time, CESI must be able to operate on a balanced budget to ensure continued levels of service.
CESI is seeking a Director of Advancement to spearhead a comprehensive fundraising and public engagement program to augment the revenue generated by private pay participants and state reimbursements. The Director of Advancement will serve as the primary architect and implementer of all fundraising initiatives, public relations campaigns, and communications strategies.
Required and Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excitement about the mission of CESI and issues surrounding the population of aging adults. Ability to succinctly articulate CESI’s mission and the case for support in a clear and compelling manner.
- Self-motivated strategic thinker with a proven record working independently and achieving results
- Strong follow-through and attention to detail; proven ability to set and meet deadlines.
- BA/BS required (advanced degree preferred). At least 5 years’ fundraising or related experience required, with a track proven record and established network, soliciting and closing gifts in the expected range from individuals. Basic knowledge of communications and marketing techniques necessary, with preference for work experience in the area of development communications or nonprofit marketing.
- Expertise in one or more of the following CRMs: Raiser’s Edge, eTapestry, Donor Perfect, Little Green Light, Salesforce, Classy, Salsa, CiviCRM, or an equivalent system, required.
- Experience with Constant Contact or equivalent email management system strongly preferred.
Please apply by sending your cover letter and resume to Erica Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org