The Director, Corporate Partnerships is an integral part of the team charged with securing funds from leading corporations and strengthening relationships within the portfolio. The Director, Corporate Partnerships is expected to spend the majority of their time in the community meeting and interfacing with key constituents and prospects to promote United Way to new and existing corporate partners, building values-aligned relationships, and generating revenue within a defined portfolio of partners within the corporate community. The Director, Corporate Partnerships will also develop and carry out a plan for their assigned portfolio of corporate partners, which includes using all United Way donor acquisition models (workplace campaigns, leadership events, affinity groups, community engagement, etc.).
This position will be reporting to the SVP, Development and will work alongside the Corporate Partnerships team, Individual Giving team, and Engagement team. The outward-facing role will require the candidate to have business development or fund development experience, leadership abilities, and willingness to open doors to personal and professional networks to drive new investments.
Manage Key Corporate Partnerships/Individual Relationships for Significant Revenue Growth
Direct responsibility for building strong, mutually beneficial relationships with a portfolio of key corporate partners and individuals, focusing on revenue growth through workplace campaigns and corporate philanthropy/social responsibility. In conjunction with the SVP, Development, the Director will create annual and long-term investment strategies and action steps needed to secure additional financial support for United Way. Encourage corporate partners to offer United Way engagement opportunities to their employees regularly and engage companies and individuals in key United Way events that occur annually, such as Board Connection and the Thanksgiving Project. Additionally, if a company has a philanthropic area of focus, work with their campaign team and/or corporate social responsibility department to align their efforts with one of United Way's corresponding impact areas. Represent United Way at key corporate and community events throughout UWMBMV service area. Track revenue generation, retention, cultivation and new business activity throughout the year and provide monthly projections against goals.
Work closely with the Individual Giving team and the Engagement team to cultivate and grow relationships with individual major donors within workplace campaigns. Leverage relationships to create additional opportunities with other organizations and individuals.
Work successfully within the Development Department and other UW departments to coordinate and communicate support needs/requirements and to maximize time in the community. Engage in weekly team meetings, organization-sponsored trainings and team-building events.
High-level compelling and clear communication skills are necessary in this role, which will have constant interaction with both external and internal stakeholders. The Director will be expected to capture and maintain accurate and detailed donor and account records in the database in order to determine both individual and team progress toward organizational objectives.
- Bachelor's Degree and/or a minimum of 5-7 years of equivalent consultative sales or fundraising experience in either the private sector or non-profit setting.
- Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and to the mission of the United Way of Massachusetts Bay and Merrimack Valley to build an economically just region.
- Focused sales/marketing experience with an applied emphasis on customer relationship building, applied consultative sales skills, demonstrated success with effective listening skills.
- Well-connected network and willingness to open doors to new investment opportunities
- Experience constructing sales pitches, presentations, and demonstrations.
- Strong customer service skills and detailed knowledge of customer relationship management.
- Effective oral and written communication skills with an ability to relate to a diverse group of individuals or organizations effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- High-energy individual who takes initiative with a positive outlook who can manage ambiguity and organizational change.
- Thirst for knowledge, desire for constant learning.
- Manage expectations of internal team members effectively and a strong desire and aptitude to be part of a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to gain consensus and to tie United Way impact and engagement to partner needs.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.