The Director, Corporate Partnerships is an integral part of the team charged with building and strengthening relationships with corporate partners in our footprint. Through a portfolio of priority accounts, the Director will be responsible for growing existing partnerships through United Way's corporate engagement model.
The Director, Corporate Partnerships is expected to spend the majority of their time in the field meeting and interfacing with key constituents and prospects to generate revenue within the corporate community. They will stay abreast of the current market climate and demonstrate the benefits and abilities of our team and a United Way partnership.
The Director, Corporate Partnerships will also develop and carry out a plan for their assigned priority corporate accounts, which includes using all United Way donor acquisition models (workplace campaigns, sponsorships, employee and community engagement, etc.).
This position will be reporting to the SVP, Corporate Partnerships and will work alongside others on the Corporate Partnerships team as well as the Engagement team and Individual Giving team. This external-facing role will require the candidate to have a consultative sales background, fundraising experience, leadership abilities, and willingness to open doors to personal and professional networks to drive new business.
Applicants who will thrive in this role are: Relationship-Builders; Connecters; Do-ers; Change-Makers
Applicants who will thrive in the Corporate Partnerships team culture are: team-oriented, enjoy healthy competition, goal and results oriented, and have a sense of humor.
Manage Key Corporate Accounts/Individual Relationships for significant revenue growth.
Direct responsibility for building strong, mutually beneficial relationships with key corporate partners and individuals, focusing on revenue growth. In conjunction with the SVP, Corporate Partnerships, the Director will create annual and long-term business strategies and action steps needed to secure additional financial support for United Way. Encourage corporate partners to offer United Way volunteer opportunities to their employees regularly and engage companies and individuals in annual key United Way events, such as the Gratitude Project and various sponsorship opportunities. Additionally, if a company has a philanthropic area of focus, work with their campaign team and/or corporate social responsibility department to align its efforts with one of United Way's corresponding impact areas. Track revenue generation, retention, donor count, visits, and new business activity throughout the year and provide monthly projections against goals.
Work closely with the Individual Giving Team to cultivate and grow relationships with individual leader donors within workplace campaigns. Leverage relationships to create additional opportunities with other organizations and individuals.
New business is a critical need for United Way to stay relevant and successful. The Director will be responsible for helping cultivate new relationships either through occasional warm or cold calls or personal connections.
Work successfully within the Development Department and other UW departments to coordinate and communicate your support needs/requirements and to maximize time in the field. Engage in weekly team meetings, organization-sponsored training, and teambuilding events as scheduled and present a professional and positive attitude towards team members and staff.
A very high level of clear communication is necessary and expected by the Director, Corporate Partnerships. It is critical to capture information from your external appointments onto cultivation reports promptly. Maintain accurate and detailed donor and account records in Andar to analyze the deployment of resources against objectives.
- Bachelor's Degree and/or a minimum of 5 years of equivalent consultative sales or fundraising experience in either the private sector or non-profit setting.
- Focused sales/marketing experience with an applied emphasis on customer relationship building, applied consultative sales skills, demonstrated success with effective listening skills.
- Well-connected within the private sector and willingness to open doors to new business.
- Experience constructing sales pitches, presentations, and demonstrations.
- Strong customer service skills and detailed knowledge of customer management.
-Effective oral and written communication skills with an ability to relate to a diverse group of individuals or organizations effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- High-energy individual who takes initiative with a positive outlook who can manage ambiguity and change.
- Thirst for knowledge, desire for constant learning.
- Manage expectations of internal team members effectively and a strong desire and aptitude to be part of a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to gain consensus and to tie United Way benefits to partner needs.
- Sense of humor and an ability to have fun.
- Commitment to excellence and to the mission of United Way.
- The ability to travel locally as this role is highly external facing.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.