MetroWest Jewish Day School (www.mwjds.org) is seeking a full-time Director of Development.
MetroWest Jewish Day School (MWJDS) is a Pre-K to Grade 8 community Jewish day school that celebrates pluralism and diversity. MWJDS fosters the personal growth of each child through a multi-faceted, individualized, and dynamic 21st century approach to learning. Our student community actively engages in the comprehensive exploration of both secular and Jewish curricula, weaving together ancient texts and modern perspectives. MWJDS inspires our students to excel in the world as knowledgeable and responsible members of the diverse Jewish community.
MWJDS has a passionate group of longtime major donors, an active and committed board of directors and a supportive and active parent body.
The Director of Development reports directly to the Head of School, and sets the strategy for the Development Committee.
Job responsibilities include:
- Lead and oversee the annual campaign
- Direct engagement with donors, including stewardship and solicitations
- Research prospective donors and foundations/grant makers
- Lead grant application process from identification to application through ongoing management and reporting
- Plan and carry out annual Gala event together with event committee
- Create annual development plans, manage department budget
- Collaborate with the Director of Admissions and Community Engagement to create and coordinate marketing strategy and related messaging
- Contribute content to promotional materials, press releases, annual report, weekly newsletter
- Generate appeal letters, event invitations and related materials, gift acknowledgements, and pledge invoices
- Coordinate, recruit for, and direct the Development Committee
- Coordinate efforts with Family Connection parent organization, faculty, board and other constituencies in development efforts
- Maintain donor database
- Prepare monthly updates on plans and goals for Board and present as requested
- Contribute to overall school activities as assigned by the Head of School
This position requires that the applicant possess a bachelor’s degree and documented professional experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Demonstrated ability in planning and implementing long- and short-range development initiatives in conjunction with strategic planning processes
- Exceptional interpersonal and community relations skills and the ability to interact effectively with diverse constituencies
- Demonstrated ability in recruiting and managing volunteers and engaging them effectively in supporting the school through fundraising, consultation, and advocacy.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, to demonstrate an understanding of ethics related to development activities, and to use discretion in interactions with donors, prospects, volunteers, and others
- Demonstrated organizational skills and experience in managing events and other complex activities in support of development objectives
- Ability to foster effective working relationships within a team environment.
- Experience in program planning and leadership skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present effectively to small and large groups
- Passion for Jewish education, a plus
- Active contacts in the Greater Boston Jewish area, a bonus
- Self-starter, self-motivated, and able to work independently
- Database management skills; experience with and proficiency in Development Software
For more information contact:
Ed Frim, Head of School
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com