Formerly Elder Services of the Merrimack Valley/North Shore
At AgeSpan, you'll find a work environment that combines:
- A refreshing culture that is supportive, collaborative, and encouraging of diverse perspectives and backgrounds.
- A focus on innovation with a team recognized for developing and implementing innovative programs and novel solutions.
- Encouragement of your development through opportunities to get involved, use your voice, and gain new knowledge and skills.
- A satisfying balance between your work and personal life, including a flexible workplace, generous paid time off, and wellness programs.
Depending on your role and your hours, we offer:
- Flexible schedule and hybrid work opportunities
- Competitive salaries
- Healthcare (medical, dental)
- 403b Retirement Plan with agency match
- 20 Vacation Days, 12 Sick Days, and 12 Paid Holidays
- Social Work Licensing Program
- License Renewal Paid by agency for RN's and Social Workers
- And MORE!
Background: AgeSpan, an area agency on aging focused on promoting healthy aging and independence across the lifespan, is committed to building a stronger culture of philanthropy to support the individuals and communities we serve. We are looking for the right partner to lead and build this work.
Position Responsibilities: The Director of Development (DOD) is responsible for the development, implementation, coordination, and expansion of AgeSpan's fundraising program. The DOD works closely with the Chief Strategy Officer (CSO) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to align all elements of the organization's development and fundraising functions with our strategic plan; and ensure the integration of the vision, core values, and culture of AgeSpan into the overall strategy.
Essential Functions: (Core duties or tasks that are fundamental and not marginal to the performance of the job)
- Develop and grow an internal and external culture of philanthropy across the Agency;
- In the first 18 months, solidify a strategic plan for ongoing development, ensuring determined strategies are consistent with the agency's mission, vision and culture;
- Synthesize the various components of the agency's development and philanthropy efforts, including, but not limited to, community relations, events, donor relations, major giving, and corporate giving; to ensure consistent and cohesive overall strategy;
- Collaborate with senior management team in advancing departmental and agency objectives;
- Facilitate participation in development activity amongst board and non-development staff members;
- Develop strategies and plans in coordination with the Chief Strategy Officer (CSO) to fund the Agency's short and long-term programs and campaigns;
- Closely monitor success of fundraising efforts to meet current approved budget and strategic goals and implement an annual evaluation process to inform future strategy and objectives;
- Implement systematic efforts to identify, solicit, steward, maintain and upgrade annual giving donors and work closely with CSO to develop partnerships with major individual, corporate, and foundation donor prospects;
- In partnership with the Development Coordinator oversee direct mail campaigns; coordinate seasonal donor acquisition efforts, donor communications, and donor events; and represent the Agency at special events and outreach activities as necessary;
- Keep current on fundraising best practices, trends, and innovations;
- Assist in budget preparation and monitor overall departmental revenue and expense, with strong alignment and collaboration with the agency's Fiscal team;
- Oversee collection and reporting of development related data; and
- Assume other duties as assigned.
- A successful candidate should have at least a bachelor's degree and 8-10 years development experience, ideally in a progressive leadership role with demonstrated knowledge of crafting overall development strategy and a track record of success.
- Experience with database oversight, reporting, and communicating development-related data to a broad audience is a must.
- Experience and/or passion for working with the older adult community is preferred.
- The candidate should also have exemplary goal-setting, planning, and prioritization skills and be highly organized, thoughtful and strategic with confidence in advocating for the importance of development both internally and externally.
- A strong track record as an effective communicator, highly skilled in writing and donor communication, as well as a broad understanding of the technology need to managed development efforts, is a must.
- Candidate should have a charismatic and persuasive personality and should be authentic and open in gaining the respect and support of a broad range of constituencies and stakeholders.
- Candidate must be skilled at cultivating relationships and guiding staff and board members in doing the same.
- Experience in or substantial knowledge of the private, non- profit sector is a plus.
- Knowledge of the Merrimack Valley and North Shore regions of Massachusetts is a plus.
Hours per week : 37.5
AgeSpan is strongly committed to fostering a professional environment that recognizes, respects, and encourages the unique contributions of a broad spectrum of qualified employees. It is important that our employees reflect the diverse communities we serve. We maintain a work atmosphere that allows people of varied backgrounds to grow professionally and contribute to our mission by promoting diversity, equity, inclusion, and work-life balance.