Summary: The Director, Every Child Ready, will oversee and lead a modified collective impact process across the scope of Every Child Ready that will include aligning key stakeholders; coordinating closely with the Steering Committee, while ensuring continued engagement of a broader cross-community set of stakeholders; implementing an evaluation and reporting framework, leading the collective in using data to continuously improve; overseeing integrated elements, including the Basics alignment, the development of an integrated data and referral system, evaluation, marketing, communications, budgeting and subcontract management; and ensuring diversity, equity and inclusion and parent/family leadership in the effort.
Interested candidates should forward a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We plan to hire as soon as the right candidate has passed through the entire process, and so we encourage interested parties to apply soon.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Aligns and ensures continued engagement of a broad set of key cross-community stakeholders around a shared vision, initial plan, and tightly defined outcome metrics for Every Child Ready. Leads collective impact planning and implementation work
- Implements an evaluation and reporting framework, including regular data dashboards and funder and stakeholder reporting
- Leads the collective in using data & regular meetings to refine plan & continuously improve
- Oversees integrated elements, including the Basics in Eastie alignment, the development of an integrated data and referral system, evaluation, marketing, communications, budgeting and subcontract management, and shared professional development
- Ensures diversity, equity and inclusion with parent and family leadership as central elements
- Oversees the Basics rollout across multiple sectors including Early Childhood Education and Care, Health Care, Home Visiting organizations, the Library, and others as they evolve
- Works directly with the leaders of sector agencies & to help with coordination and maintains a master rollout workplan to ensure deadlines are met and problems are solved. Escalates barriers that cannot be addressed to the Steering Committee on a timely basis
- Serves as a liaison to the Parent Champions team to ensure that Every Child Ready, including the component with The Basics, is truly parent-driven
- Specifies and manages the marketing effort to the community consistent with the Basics effort and the overall mission including messaging out through a wide variety of channels such as social media, local traditional media, and community events as well as the Every Child Ready website
- Directs the deployment of data tracking and management of input, process, output, and outcome measures. Leverages the substantial work already in place from The Basics and adds local measures, tracking and reporting. Works with Union Capital Boston who will provide some of the tracking and incentives infrastructure
- Performs other duties as assigned and as this evolves
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the experience, knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proven ability to work effectively with a diverse multi-stakeholder group—ensuring inclusion and belonging for people from diverse cultural, economic, and professional backgrounds
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Experience with data analysis and reporting, and using data to guide decision making
- Experience managing direct reports and/or consultants toward a shared outcome
- Ability to adapt to achieve desired outcomes
- Knowledge and expertise related to early childhood a plus
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus
- East Boston residence or personal connection a plus
Bachelor’s degree and 5 years’ experience leading multi-stakeholder groups and managing via influence rather than direct authority or a comparable combination of education and experience
- Some supervision of Parent Champions and other designated Parent groups
- Supervise additional staff to achieve goals as resources allow
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Standard office environment. The noise level in this environment is moderate
The physical demands described here are representative of those that to be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged periods of standing and sitting at a desk
- Travel to community and stakeholder meetings
The East Boston Social Centers is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage people from a diverse array of racial, ethnic, linguistic, ability, gender, sexual orientation, and other backgrounds to apply.