ABOUT UNITED WAY:
We are the Uniters. We bring people together to solve problems. We identify the most pressing issues in our community and we bring together the people we think can solve them. United Way funds agencies that, working together, can address the nuances of complex problems like homelessness or the academic achievement gap. We create programs and initiatives to fill unmet needs. We deploy volunteers and socially responsible companies as the engines of change and the feet on the street, delivering hope to people in need. We raise funding through generous donors who understand that social change can't happen without it.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Grant Finance, the Director of Grants will be responsible for supporting the financial administrative objectives of the department as it relates to Grants Administration. This position will also support the coordination efforts of implementation of grant awards and post-award compliance.
- Run monthly expenditure reports and ad-hoc reporting as requested.
- Load budgets into Great Plains as awarded.
- Assists Grants team to ensure proper tracking of pledges and payments for unrestricted, temp restricted and multi-year grant revenue in pledge processing software (Andar). Reconciles Andar to accounting system (Microsoft Great Plains Dynamics). Follows up with the appropriate staff for any outstanding grant awards and/or receipts.
- Maintain all grant related templates and update as needed.
- Assist in the preparation and submission of monthly/quarterly deliverables.
- Submit timely processing of indirect payments as required.
- Review and reconcile time and effort sheets for all grant funded positions.
- Maintain calendar of grant deliverables for all sponsored projects.
- Manage and update Grants Navigator for all sponsored projects activities.
- Assist in the monitoring of grant expenditures related to the awarded budget.
- Create G/L coding for new grants and communicate to all relevant parties.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Prior grant management experience with a non-profit, government agency or other entity.
- A solid understanding of budget development and management.
- Must be detail oriented, highly organized, and the ability to work well under pressure.
- Has the ability to meet assigned deadlines as well as having the dexterity to switch directions as the workload mandates.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills with the capability to work with all levels of the organization and external grantors.
- Familiarity of federal, state, and local governmental laws and regulations regarding contracts, and reporting, including Uniform Guidance.
- Must be able to work independently with limited supervision, and as a team player when needed.
- Working knowledge of MS Excel and Word, Microsoft Great Plains Dynamics, FRx, and Grants Navigator is desirable.
- Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
United Way of Massachusetts Bay is committed to hiring individuals
who reflect the diversity of our communities.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.