ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
Let’s Get Ready is an innovative, growing nonprofit that provides high school students from communities
historically underrepresented or denied access to college with free SAT preparation, admissions counseling,
and other support services needed to gain admission to and graduate from college. In collaboration with
colleges, high schools, and community organizations, we have grown to serve more than 13,000+ high
school and college students annually through more than 80 programs from Philadelphia to Maine. With a
$3 million budget and a staff of 18, Let’s Get Ready operates out of its headquarters in NYC and a regional
office in Boston. We plan to significantly increase the number of students served over the next three years;
we are simultaneously focused on increasing the revenue and awareness necessary to support this future
We use a unique near-peer model that is proven to connect with students from low-income and firstgeneration college-going backgrounds. Let’s Get Ready engages and trains college student Coaches to
deliver services. Many Coaches are from the communities we serve; all have recently gone through the
college admission, financial aid, and matriculation process. From this vantage point, they can connect with
high school students and impact them deeply, offering encouragement, inspiration, and guidance that
delivers tremendous results. We then support their transition and ultimate success, leveraging the near-peer
model throughout the college experience by pairing students with more senior college students who can
help them adjust, adapt, and succeed through to graduation. Our students are extraordinarily successful,
graduating at five times the national average for students from low-income backgrounds.
For more information, visit www.letsgetready.org
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Reporting to the National Director of Development, the Director of Individual Giving will play a critical,
organization-wide role in building and maintaining a robust national individual giving program during a
critical time of organizational growth for Let’s Get Ready.
The Director will be dedicated to increasing the involvement and financial support of critical constituency
groups within Let’s Get Ready, including alumni, students, parents, friends, and staff. Priorities for the
Director will include creating and executing national strategies to expand the prospect base among these
constituencies, cultivating current and future donors within these groups, as well as developing and
implementing a strategy to increase the size and number of gifts within the portfolio.
The Director will provide strategic and operational direction for the development of opportunities and
programs that engage and upgrade these constituents with Let’s Get Ready in support of its mission and
priorities by broadening the base of individual donors as well as engaging alumni in meaningful ways all
in the effort to promote philanthropic support.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
● Develop a strategic plan for the engagement of prospects among all key constituent groups (alumni,
parents, students, friends, and staff).
● Manage a portfolio of major donor prospects - who are capable of giving at the $25K+ level - to
secure gifts through in-person and virtual solicitation; meet with prospects to qualify, cultivate,
solicit, and steward gifts; current major gifts range up to $175K.
● Increase the individual giving program in terms of total dollars, percentage participation,
consistency of giving and average gift size. Explore opportunities to steward donors with these
goals in mind, with an additional focus on increasing the number multi-year commitments from
● Work with National Director of Development to meet quarterly and annual individual giving goals
● Develop campaigns and strategies to cultivate and retain major donors, renew and upgrade donor
gifts, and generate revenue in line with the organization’s goals
● Support annual fund and pipeline initiatives such as direct mail, email appeals, and events
● Lead efforts to find and reconnect with alumni so that they may be cultivated, solicited, and
stewarded in a timely and consistent manner. Maintain current records on interests, activities, and
connections related to their alumni and post-LGR experience to foster greater engagement and build
new and strong relationships.
● Assist in staffing of additional assigned committees of the Board of Directors.
● Research and help recruit individuals to join new regional councils (e.g. Pennsylvania Council or
Connecticut Council), as appropriate according to strategic plan.
● Steward the organization to meet strategic goals by modeling data-driven decision making and
analysis, efficient collaboration, and inspiration of staff and external partners.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
● A genuine passion for, knowledge of, and commitment to LGR’s mission
● Belief that a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment will produce the greatest impact for
LGR’s students; demonstrated ability to build respectful, productive relationships with team
members and communities of diverse backgrounds and viewpoints
● At least five years of related work experience, with a preference for at least 2-3 years of experience
as a major gift officer and proven success bringing in gifts of $10,000+
● Ability to communicate LGR’s mission and achievements in a succinct and compelling manner
● Familiarity with and proficiency in use of donor database management software (preferably
● Exceptional attention to detail
● Ability to work independently and take initiative; persistence and excellent follow through
● Team player with ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues in other locations
● Passion to build relationships with internal and external collaborators
● Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
● Bachelor’s degree required
Preference for NYC or Boston, but candidates within LGR’s geographic footprint will be considered;
remote work for the time being due to the Covid-19 pandemic
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
$90K - $100K with excellent benefits and a flexible working environment
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS, PLEASE APPLY:
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com, noting “Director of Individual Giving” in
the subject line. Please include your gender pronouns and tell us how you learned about this role.
Let’s Get Ready is an equal opportunity employer and encourages candidates from diverse backgrounds to
apply. We especially encourage applications from candidates who represent the communities we serve
Director of Individual Giving
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION: