Job Title: Director of Marketing and Communications
Reports to: Head of School
Direct Reports: None
Position: Full time, 12 months
The Director of Marketing and Communications at Cathedral High School will lead all branding, communication and marketing efforts for the school, assuring that our vibrant mission is shared and illustrated effectively to all external constituents. Reporting directly to the Head of School, and collaborating regularly with the administrative team, the Director will be responsible for increasing the school’s digital footprint; creating, developing and distributing compelling Cathedral content across a variety of platforms and media; and will aim to brand and solidify Cathedral’s message and mission within the private, Catholic school marketplace.
Essential Job Functions:
• Develop and manage an institutional social media strategy that aims to both increase the school’s social media followers, and to share the Cathedral story more broadly and comprehensively
• Collaborate with the Admission’s Office, the Development Office, and the Principal’s office to coordinate and design all print materials, digital marketing pieces and external communication, with a particular focus on enrollment and development
• Draft external correspondence as necessary for the Admission’s Office and Development.
• Manage the Cathedral High School website, both through quarterly reviews as well as through regular updating, maintenance, and coordination with website vendor
• Write timely and consistent news, updates and features to be published in various digital platforms
• Photograph and document on campus events, and produce video content as needed for both internal and external use
• Collaborate with the school’s PR firm to generate positive communications and publicity for the school
• Manage a communications and marketing intern when available to the school • Other duties as assigned by the Head of School
Primary Job Qualifications
• Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in a similar role with similar responsibilities, preferably in a school setting
• Strong knowledge of all primary social media platforms, and a demonstrated track record of increased digital footprint on Instagram, LinkedIn and Facebook.
• WordPress experience required
• Graphic Design skills preferred
• Experience with Quark, Adobe or similar design software preferred
• Strong desire to be part of a Catholic community
• Outstanding written communication skills
• Bachelor’s degree required
How to Apply
• Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.