Job Title: Director of Philanthropy
Fulltime or Part-time: Fulltime
Permanent or Temporary: Permanent
Salary or Hourly: Salary
Reporting to (Position Title): Vice President of Organizational Advancement
The Director of Philanthropy will work closely with the Vice President of Organizational Advancement, the full Organizational Advancement team (a team of 9 total), program staff from a variety of programs, and the President and CEO as needed, to maintain and increase philanthropic revenue through relationship building and donor stewardship.
This person will be joining the Organizational Advancement team at a unique and exciting moment as we work towards a full merger between Doctor Franklin Perkins School (Perkins), and Robert F. Kennedy Children’s Action Corps, two strong and vibrant human services organizations that affiliated last year with plans to complete a full merger in June2021. Together, we serve nearly 2,000 vulnerable children, youth, and adults annually through day, residential, and community-based programs and thousands more people nationwide through juvenile justice training and technical assistance. The organizations together raise approximately $1.8 million annually in philanthropic revenue through a variety of streams.
- Create and maintain a strategy for cultivating existing donors and seeking new donors.
- Steward a portfolio of existing and prospective donors, communicating regularly, and adding new donors and prospects to that portfolio often.
- Lead colleagues in how to best manage their donor portfolios, and work with the VP of Organizational Advancement and President and CEO as needed to assist them in stewarding their portfolios.
- Develop and track relevant fundraising and engagement metrics to monitor and manage the full team’s progress towards goals.
- Manage 2 team members, including the Advancement Manager, Donor Relations and Events and Advancement Specialist.
- Contribute to development strategy, budget and campaign development, event planning, and operations to best meet the needs of both donors and organization.
- Work within the donor database to add notes, and pull and refine reports for multiple audiences.
- Tailor acknowledgment letters and outreach to donors, as well as craft and contribute to proposals as needed.
- Meet regularly with program staff to collect stories, discuss data (qualitative & quantitative), and other information pertinent to the development of compelling campaigns and conversations.
- Work with program directors to identify and steward donors from their networks and program communities.
- Collaborate with team to share and implement best practices.
- Be available for night and weekend work as necessary to cultivate donors.
- Other duties as needed.
The best qualified candidate will be a strategic, motivated, and experienced fundraising professional who is skilled in relationship management, has a proven track record of securing major gifts, and deeply committed to the missions of both Doctor Franklin Perkins School and RFK Children’s Action Corps. The chosen candidate will possess project and people management skills, be able to thrive independently managing a portfolio, but be equally able to collaborate with colleagues and others in the organization, be an excellent written and verbal communicator, and have experience working in a donor database. Candidates from the Greater Boston area are encouraged; this position allows for some flexibility in both location and hours.
Please submit both a cover letter and resume to the email below:
Naomi Reville LeBlanc (She/her/hers)
Vice President of Organizational Advancement
Perkins and RFK Children’s Action Corps
Tel: 978-368-6449 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
At Perkins our goal is to be a diverse and inclusive workplace, a place that both celebrates and thrives on the uniqueness of our different backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives. As an equal opportunity employer, we strongly encourage people of color, women, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, and people who have overcome challenges in their lifetime to apply.