If you love to build relationships, share your enthusiasm for an important cause, and impact the resources available for critical programs, the position of Donor Development Manager at Neurofibromatosis Northeast may be right for you. Reporting to the Executive Director (ED), the Donor Development Manager will be an integral part of a dynamic team and is responsible for developing and maintaining ongoing partnerships with major donors and sponsors.
The Donor Development Manager will increase corporate sponsorship for special events and forge new relationships to build NF Northeast’s Annual Sponsor Program.
He/she will have responsibility for the design and implementation of the annual appeal program and cultivate targeted individual, corporate and foundation philanthropic support.
It is expected that revenues raised by NF Northeast will increase in future years as the Donor Development Manager systematically and effectively strengthens the organization's overall fundraising capacity.
- Support and partner with senior staff and board members on all major fundraising initiatives
- Partner with the Director of Special Events on event revenue and sponsorships
- Develop and implement a stewardship program aimed at cultivating deeper ties with donors
- Work with senior staff to develop and implement a comprehensive development strategy to include corporate and foundation grants
- Monitor all donor information; provide and present statistical analysis to board and senior leaders
- Coordinate and conduct meetings (in person, telephone) with donors, prospects, volunteers and key constituencies
- Monitor and report regularly on the progress of the development program
- Bachelor's degree required
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; demonstrated ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships
- Prior professional experience of 3 to 5 years in a nonprofit organization in a development function.
- Tangible experience of having expanded and cultivated existing donor relationships over time
- Strong organizational skills
- Flexible and adaptable work and interpersonal style
- Ability to work both independently without close oversight, but also function as a team player who will take initiative, and manage multiple tasks and projects concurrently
- High energy and passion for NF Northeast’s mission is essential
- Ability to construct, articulate, and implement annual strategic development plan
- Prior “small shop” experience is helpful
- Ability to travel around the northeast as required
- Assist with/attend selected fundraising events as needed (some nights and weekends, indoor and outdoor).
- This position is part-time (20 hrs) and therefore, is not eligible for benefits.
- Flexible mother hours are available, and employees enjoy a close-knit, flexible working environment.
To apply for the position, please submit a cover letter and resume to Diana Flahive email@example.com.